How Naomi Long voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted moderately against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted very strongly against university tuition feesDetails
- Voted moderately against reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
- Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted moderately against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during electionsDetails
- Voted very strongly for raising welfare benefits at least in line with pricesDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Naomi Long never rebelled against their party in this parliament
Despite all the progress achieved in Northern Ireland, a recent poll found that 67% of 15 to 24-year-olds think their future lies outside Northern Ireland, with 70% citing their view that local politicians were not capable of agreeing a shared vision for the future as a factor in that. Does the Prime Minister agree that that should act as a wake-up call to those who continue to indulge in the...
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what discussions he or officials in his Department have had with the High Commissioner of Uganda regarding Uganda's Anti-Homosexuality Act.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions if he will review his decision not to carry out a cumulative impact assessment on the effect of welfare reform on people with disability.
More of Naomi Long's recent appearances
Alliance MP for Belfast East, Former Alliance MLA for Belfast East
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Northern Ireland
- Home Department
- Developing Countries: Water
- Religious Freedom
- Bill of Rights
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 34 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 98 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 52.93% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 84 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Naomi Long’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 132 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
5 September 2013, received £150 plus travel expenses of £35.20 from John Hewitt Society, c/o Market Place Theatre, Armagh Theatre and Arts Centre, Market Street, Armagh City, Co Armagh, BT61 7BW for participating as political panellist at John Hewitt International Summer School at the Market Place Theatre, Armagh, on 26 July 2013. Hours: 2 hrs, plus 1.5 hrs travel. (Registered 7 October 2013)
28 August 2013, received £163.59 plus travel and accommodation expenses of £173.84 from Cumann Merriman, 30 An tArdán Theas, Cathair Chorcaí, Éire (Ireland), for participating as political speaker
and panellist at Merriman Summer School in Lisdoonvarna, Co Clare, Ireland, on 18 August 2013. Hours: 4 hrs, plus 10 hrs travel. (Registered 7 October 2013)
£200 was donated to charity by the Hillsborough Presbyterian Men’s Group, Hillsborough Presbyterian Church, 2 Lisburn Road, BT26 6AA, following a speech I gave on 25 January 2014. Hours: 1 hr plus 2 hrs’ preparation. (Registered 18 March 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.