How Mark Hunter voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted moderately for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted very strongly against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted very strongly against raising welfare benefits at least in line with pricesDetails
- Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
- Voted very strongly for university tuition feesDetails
- Voted moderately for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Mark Hunter hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
I am conscious that it is a privilege as well as a duty to wind up a debate for the Government from the Dispatch Box on any subject. Having spent some 18 years as a local councillor myself, including three years as leader of Stockport council, before being elected to this place, winding up a debate on local government issues today is a special honour for me. Members on both sides of the House...
It is a pleasure to have the opportunity to contribute to the debate under your chairmanship, Mr. Howarth. I compliment the hon. Member for Chorley (Mr. Hoyle) on securing the debate, which I am sure is of great interest to his constituents, just as it is to mine. He referred to the debate a few days ago on high-speed rail, to which a number of us present today were lucky enough to...
More of Mark Hunter's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Cheadle
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Schools and Families
- Prostate Cancer
- Driving Offences: Insurance
- Police: Road Traffic
- Driving Offences
- Roads: Safety
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Transport Minister; Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Leader (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Committee on Arms Export Controls (18 Apr 2008 to 29 Sep 2008)
- Member, Business and Enterprise Committee (18 Apr 2008 to 29 Apr 2008)
- Leader's Parliamentary Private Secretary, Cross-Portfolio and Non-Portfolio Responsibilities (6 Mar 2008 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Minister, Transport (6 Mar 2008 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 18 Apr 2008)
- Shadow Minister, Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (29 Jan 2007 to 6 Mar 2008)
- Shadow Minister, Home Affairs (21 Mar 2006 to 29 Jan 2007)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 7 Nov 2007)
- Shadow Minister, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (19 Oct 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 80.37% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 134 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mark Hunter’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 108 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.