What assessment he has made of the implications for his policies of recent trends in unemployment figures.
Does my right hon. Friend know that unemployment in my constituency is down to 1.3%, which is precisely half what it was at the last general election and one of the lowest figures in the north-west of England? Does he agree that without the Liberal Democrats and the coalition Government, we would not have had the political stability that was essential for the recovery to take hold?
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what her policy is on a minimum alcohol unit price.
More of Mark Hunter's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Cheadle
Entered House of Commons on 15 July 2005 — Byelection
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Schools and Families
- Prostate Cancer
- Driving Offences: Insurance
- Police: Road Traffic
- Driving Offences
- Roads: Safety
Currently held offices
- Member, Administration Committee
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee of Selection (21 Jun 2010 to 14 Oct 2014)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (12 May 2010 to 13 Oct 2014)
- Shadow Transport Minister; Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Leader (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Committee on Arms Export Controls (18 Apr 2008 to 29 Sep 2008)
- Member, Business and Enterprise Committee (18 Apr 2008 to 29 Apr 2008)
- Leader's Parliamentary Private Secretary, Cross-Portfolio and Non-Portfolio Responsibilities (6 Mar 2008 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Minister, Transport (6 Mar 2008 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 18 Apr 2008)
- Shadow Minister, Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (29 Jan 2007 to 6 Mar 2008)
- Shadow Minister, Home Affairs (21 Mar 2006 to 29 Jan 2007)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 7 Nov 2007)
- Shadow Minister, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (19 Oct 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 5 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 79.28% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 135 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mark Hunter’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 121 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from