How Angus MacNeil voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted very strongly for a more proportional system for electing MPsDetails
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
- Voted very strongly against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Voted very strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Angus MacNeil hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
On a point of order, Madam Deputy Speaker. In the last round of Divisions, I had intended to move new clause 7, but new clause 7 was not called, and new clause 6 was called instead. I realise of course that human error can play its part in some of these things, but I would like your opinion on the matter.
Is aviation not about more than competition? It is also about growth. When Governments get their head around that, we will surely see a sea change in their approach to APD. They should focus on growth, not just competition.
More of Angus MacNeil's recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Na h-Eileanan an Iar
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Cabinet: Glasgow
- Departmental Lost Property
- Departmental Visits Abroad
Other offices held in the past
- Spokesperson (Transport; Rural Affairs; Scotland Office) (13 Jul 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs; Fishing and Tourism; Transport) (2 Aug 2006 to 13 Jul 2009)
- Spokesperson (Environment, Food & Rural Affairs; Transport) (16 Jan 2006 to 2 Aug 2006)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 25 Nov 2008)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 55 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 37 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 47.46% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 98 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Angus MacNeil’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 274 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Tenant crofter on the Island of Barra.
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: The European Azerbaijan Society
Address of donor: 2 Queen Anne
’s Gate, London SW1H 9AA
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, £3,700, hotel accommodation, £500; total cost £4,200
Date of visit: 31 May-6 June 2013
Purpose of visit: as part of a delegation from the APPG
for Azerbaijan, to meet with political and parliamentary figures including the President of the Republic
, local business people; representatives of international organizations based in Azerbaijan; displaced peoples from the conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh
and representatives of human rights groups; to attend the Caspian Oil and Gas Conference.
(Registered 30 July 2013)
8. Land and Property
House in Fort William
, from which rental income is received.
Flat in Glasgow, from which rental income is received.
Flat in London, from which rental income is received.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.