How Angus MacNeil voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted very strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted moderately for more EU integration Source
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted strongly for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions Source
Get email notifications when Angus MacNeil speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Angus MacNeil hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Good on you.
As well as landlords, the people who own the rights to the masts can be a choke or a bottleneck on other networks adding their kit to those masts. Anything the Government can do there would be welcomed.
Will the hon. Gentleman give way?
More of Angus MacNeil's recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Na h-Eileanan an Iar
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Cabinet: Glasgow
- Departmental Lost Property
- Departmental Visits Abroad
Currently held offices
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Tranpsort)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Constitutional Reform)
Other offices held in the past
- Spokesperson (Transport; Rural Affairs; Scotland Office) (13 Jul 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs; Fishing and Tourism; Transport) (2 Aug 2006 to 13 Jul 2009)
- Spokesperson (Environment, Food & Rural Affairs; Transport) (16 Jan 2006 to 2 Aug 2006)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 25 Nov 2008)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
SNP MPs only attend sittings where the legislation pertains to Scotland.
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 67 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 46 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 47.94% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
Note SNP MPs do not vote on legislation not affecting Scotland.
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 107 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Angus MacNeil’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 310 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from