It is the “white rose of Scotland” that is mentioned in a poem by Hugh MacDiarmid. I encourage the hon. Gentleman and others to Google it, because it is a very beautiful poem.
Will the hon. Lady give way?
I, too, am half-Irish. I hope that the hon. Lady agrees that we do not wish to see the ending of the Republic of Ireland’s independence and that she respects the independence of the Republic of Ireland from this House obtained about a century ago.
More of Angus MacNeil’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Na h-Eileanan an Iar
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Cabinet: Glasgow
- Departmental Lost Property
- Departmental Visits Abroad
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Tranpsort) (15 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Constitutional Reform) (15 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Scotland) (1 Jul 2008 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (1 Jul 2007 to 1 Jul 2008)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 24 Nov 2008)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (10 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (5 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 58 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 52 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 106 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Angus MacNeil’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 317 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Tenant crofter on the Island of Barra.
8. Land and Property
House in Fort William, from which rental income is received.
Flat in Glasgow, from which rental income is received.
Flat in London, from which rental income is received.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from