On the reference to Brazil, I happily remember that Northern Ireland did just as well as Brazil in the 1982 World cup, when, as I am sure the hon. Gentleman clearly remembers, Gerry Armstrong scored a fantastic goal against Spain. However, the substance of my question relates to excellent idea from the hon. Member for Blackley and Broughton (Graham Stringer) about open skies. The hon....
The hon. Gentleman asserted that airports rely on a hub system, but that is an arguable point. I gently say to him that the hub system did not come about accidentally. For about 50 years, the UK had bilateral air agreements specifying that only London airports could be used. If there is a hub system, perhaps the most logical hub would be Schiphol airport, with its five runways. However, as we...
The hon. Gentleman makes a good point about connectivity across the UK. Perhaps the regional air connectivity fund should be used for airports in the north of Scotland. Some might say that such airports are on the periphery of the UK, but they are certainly not on the periphery of the globe. Money from the fund could be used to link Stornoway to the Faroe Islands, or perhaps for...
More of Angus MacNeil's recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Na h-Eileanan an Iar
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Cabinet: Glasgow
- Departmental Lost Property
- Departmental Visits Abroad
Other offices held in the past
- Spokesperson (Transport; Rural Affairs; Scotland Office) (13 Jul 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs; Fishing and Tourism; Transport) (2 Aug 2006 to 13 Jul 2009)
- Spokesperson (Environment, Food & Rural Affairs; Transport) (16 Jan 2006 to 2 Aug 2006)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 25 Nov 2008)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
SNP MPs only attend sittings where the legislation pertains to Scotland.
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 60 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 22 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 47.48% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
Note SNP MPs do not vote on legislation not affecting Scotland.
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 98 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Angus MacNeil’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 281 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Tenant crofter on the Island of Barra.
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: The European Azerbaijan Society
Address of donor: 2 Queen Anne
’s Gate, London SW1H 9AA
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, £3,700, hotel accommodation, £500; total cost £4,200
Date of visit: 31 May-6 June 2013
Purpose of visit: as part of a delegation from the APPG
for Azerbaijan, to meet with political and parliamentary figures including the President of the Republic
, local business people; representatives of international organizations based in Azerbaijan; displaced peoples from the conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh
and representatives of human rights groups; to attend the Caspian Oil and Gas Conference.
(Registered 30 July 2013)
8. Land and Property
House in Fort William
, from which rental income is received.
Flat in Glasgow, from which rental income is received.
Flat in London, from which rental income is received.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.