Does Angus MacNeil respond to constituents’ emails?
According to our 2015 survey, Angus MacNeil responded to a
high proportion of messages
sent by constituents on WriteToThem.com.
See the results in context
Angus MacNeil’s voting in Parliament
Angus MacNeil is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
However, Angus MacNeil sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Angus MacNeil generally voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Scottish National Party MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Angus MacNeil’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Angus MacNeil’s full vote analysis page for more.
Angus MacNeil has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
The hon. Gentleman is making a very good speech, which plays into the idea of getting some sort of independence from the European Union. It strikes me that there is a misunderstanding among some people in the debate about the referendum. The EU is not a country, it is an intergovernmental organisation. That fundamental point has been misunderstood by people who imagine that they are leaving...
Will the right hon. Gentleman give way?
The right hon. Gentleman asked the question that we hear all too often: is the EU perfect or imperfect? The reality is that people complain that their council is imperfect. Unbelievably, some people in Scotland even complain that their Government are imperfect. A lot of people definitely complain that Westminster is imperfect. I find that a lot fewer people complain about the EU being...
More of Angus MacNeil’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Na h-Eileanan an Iar
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Cabinet: Glasgow
- Departmental Lost Property
- Departmental Visits Abroad
Currently held offices
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (since 30 Nov 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 10 Sep 2015)
- Chair, Energy and Climate Change Committee (since 18 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Tranpsort) (15 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Constitutional Reform) (15 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Scotland) (1 Jul 2008 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (1 Jul 2007 to 1 Jul 2008)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 24 Nov 2008)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (10 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (5 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Jun 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
Tenant crofter on the Island of Barra.
Name of donor: Government of Gibraltar
Address of donor: Gibraltar House, 150 Strand, London WC2R 1JA
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights and accommodation; £812
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Date of visit: 10-14 September 2015
Purpose of visit: Gibraltar National Day
, as Deputy Foreign Affairs Spokesperson for the SNP
(Registered 10 November 2015
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in Glasgow: (i) and (ii).
Flat in London: (i) and (ii).
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from