What steps he is taking to improve competition in energy markets.
The leader of my party has made a commitment to freeze energy prices. The coalition Government refused to do that. Why?
I have put this question to the Department for Work and Pensions on two previous occasions in the Chamber, but I will try again and perhaps, as the old adage goes, this will be third time lucky. More than 90% of the Work programme participants in my home city of Dundee have not been helped into work by it, so my simple question is: why not?
More of Jim McGovern's recent appearances
Labour MP for Dundee West
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- Work and Pensions
- Housing Benefit
- Digital Television
- Food (Nutritional Content)
- Cash-in-transit Crime
Other offices held in the past
- PPS (Rt Hon Pat McFadden, Minister of State), Department for Business, Enterprise & Regulatory Reform (11 Nov 2008 to 17 Dec 2008)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (5 Feb 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (15 Nov 2007 to 22 Nov 2007)
- PPS (Mr Pat McFadden, Minister of State), Department for Business, Enterprise & Regulatory Reform (28 Jun 2007 to 11 Nov 2008)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 7 Nov 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 23 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 67.68% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 68 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jim McGovern’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 86 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: 50 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W 0EB
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation, food and travel within the country with a total value of £3,810.
Destination of visit: Taiwan
Date of visit: 2-9 September 2013
Purpose of visit: As a member of the All Party Light Rail Group as part of our enquiry into the growth and regeneration potential of light rail, meeting with politicians, officials and industry experts to discuss Light Rail.
(Registered 10 October 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.