To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland, what steps the Government is taking to protect the economies of Scottish cities linked to the North Sea oil and gas industry.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, what the Government's policy is on handling and sharing personal data.
What estimate HM Revenue and Customs has made of the amount of uncollected tax in the UK.
More of Jim McGovern's recent appearances
Labour MP for Dundee West
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Trade and Industry
- Housing Benefit
- Digital Television
- Food (Nutritional Content)
- Cash-in-transit Crime
Other offices held in the past
- PPS (Rt Hon Pat McFadden, Minister of State), Department for Business, Enterprise & Regulatory Reform (11 Nov 2008 to 17 Dec 2008)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (5 Feb 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (15 Nov 2007 to 22 Nov 2007)
- PPS (Mr Pat McFadden, Minister of State), Department for Business, Enterprise & Regulatory Reform (28 Jun 2007 to 11 Nov 2008)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 7 Nov 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 6 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 66.81% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 79 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jim McGovern’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 86 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from