Stewart Hosie’s voting in Parliament
Stewart Hosie is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
However, Stewart Hosie sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Stewart Hosie generally voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Scottish National Party MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Stewart Hosie’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Stewart Hosie’s full vote analysis page for more.
Stewart Hosie has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Tax havens lead to a loss of revenue here as individuals can hide through opaque structures and businesses simply do not pay UK tax in respect of where economic activity takes place. Given the revelations from Mossack Fonseca, has the Treasury carried out a new assessment to calculate the scale and size of the revenue lost to the UK?
More of Stewart Hosie’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Dundee East
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Billing
- Departmental Manpower
- Departments: Private Finance Initiative
- Departmental Public Participation
- Departmental Buildings
Currently held offices
- Member, House of Commons Commission (since 9 Jul 2015)
- Member, Members Estimate Committee (since 9 Jul 2015)
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Economy) (since 13 May 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Economy) (since 13 May 2015)
- SNP Deputy Leader (since 15 Jun 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Treasury Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Treasury) (15 Jun 2010 to 13 May 2015)
- SNP Chief Whip (15 Jun 2010 to 20 May 2015)
- Shadow Chief Whip (Commons) (10 Oct 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Treasury) (10 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Women) (10 May 2005 to 10 Oct 2007)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Home Affairs) (10 May 2005 to 10 Oct 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Stewart Hosie’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 59.14% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 16 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 88 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Stewart Hosie’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 429 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from