How Katy Clark voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted very strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Voted moderately for more EU integration Source
Voted strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT Source
Voted very strongly against university tuition fees Source
Get email notifications when Katy Clark votes in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Katy Clark occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what representations he has made to his Bahraini counterpart on the detention of Abdulhadi Alkhawaja; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what recent discussions he has had with the government of Bahrain about the detention of Maryam Al-Khawaja at Bahrain International Airport; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills how many decisions on standard individual export licence applications for export to Israel were made between 8 July and 31 July 2014; and what proportion of such decisions were approved.
More of Katy Clark's recent appearances
Labour MP for North Ayrshire and Arran
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Innovation and Skills
- Animal Experiments: Scotland
- Western Sahara
- Rescue Services: Belfast
- National Minimum Wage
Currently held offices
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee)
- Member, Panel of Chairs
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Draft Human Tissue and Embryos Bill (Joint Committee) (14 May 2007 to 3 Jun 2008)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (18 Jul 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (6 Dec 2005 to 15 Nov 2007)
- Member, Procedure Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 47 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 222 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.17% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 110 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Katy Clark’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 206 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
(a) Address of donor: CWU, 150 The Broadway, Wimbledon, London, SW19 1RX
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £1500.03 as part of a constituency development plan
(a) Date of donation: Paid in monthly donations from January 2013 to September 2013
(a) (Registered 2 October 2013)
(a) Address of donor: Unite House, 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000, plus 800 first class and 800 second class stamps to Cunninghame North CLP
(a) Donor status: trade union
(a) (Registered 9 April 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from