The hon. Gentleman says that we have a moral obligation because Iraq is a democratic state. Can he tell the House why it is a democratic state?
The immediate decision before us in this debate is about military action, but behind that, this is about values. This is not a war against Islam. Islam is one of the great world religions, which is practised freely, without any harm to anyone, by millions of people in this country and around the world. This is not about Islam, but about co-existence. Co-existence is absolutely fundamental to...
My hon. Friend makes a good point. It is worth stressing that the United States Administration’s policy for the past five or six years has been absolutely to resist intervention, but we still have violent Islamic jihadism and ISIS.
More of Pat McFadden's recent appearances
Labour MP for Wolverhampton South East
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Departmental Public Expenditure
- Defence Training Review
- Community Support Officers
- Defence Training
- Departmental Senior Civil Servants
Currently held offices
- Member, Treasury Committee
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Parliamentary Commission on Banking Standards (Joint Committee) (16 Jul 2012 to 12 Jun 2013)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Minister of State (Business, Innovation and Skills), Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (23 Mar 2010 to 11 May 2010)
- Minister of State, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (13 Oct 2009 to 23 Mar 2010)
- Minister of State, Department for Business, Innovation & Skills (10 Jun 2009 to 13 Oct 2009)
- Minister of State (Employment Relations and Postal Affairs), Department for Business, Enterprise & Regulatory Reform (13 Jul 2007 to 10 Jun 2009)
- Minister of State, Department for Business, Enterprise & Regulatory Reform (28 Jun 2007 to 13 Jul 2007)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Cabinet Office (16 Jan 2007 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Parliamentary Secretary, Cabinet Office (25 Oct 2006 to 16 Jan 2007)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Cabinet Office (8 May 2006 to 25 Oct 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.83% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 22 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 55 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Pat McFadden’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 474 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 26 Aug 2014.
(a) Name of donor: St Philips Care Ltd
(a) Address of donor: 17 Lichfield St, Stone, ST15 8NA
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind:£
(a) Donor status: company, registration no 03298131
(a) (Registered 5 June 2014)
8. Land and Property
House in Wolverhampton from which I receive rental income. (Registered 29 August 2012)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from