My hon. Friend is a powerful advocate for his constituents and has won some great concessions on their behalf in his time here. Does he share my concern—in a way, it is a sadness—that Labour does not seem to have learned anything in the past four or five years? It calls for more spending regardless of whether there is a budget surplus or deficit. If it continued spending as it...
More of Adam Afriyie's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Windsor
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Universities and Skills
- Members: Allowances
- Departmental Information and Communications Technology
- Space Technology
- Heathrow Airport
Currently held offices
- Chair, Members' Expenses Committee (since 19 Jul 2011)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Members' Expenses Committee (18 Jul 2011 to 19 Jul 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Innovation and Science), Business (27 Jul 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Business (27 Jul 2009 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Minister, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (4 Jun 2009 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (18 Dec 2007 to 14 Oct 2008)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families (17 Dec 2007 to 13 Oct 2008)
- Member, Innovation, Universities and Skills (9 Nov 2007 to 17 Dec 2007)
- Member, Innovation, Universities and Skills Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 18 Dec 2007)
- Shadow Minister, Innovation, Universities and Skills (6 Jul 2007 to 4 Jun 2009)
- Shadow Minister (Science and Innovation) (3 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (20 Jul 2005 to 20 Aug 2008)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (17 Jul 2005 to 30 Oct 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 98 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 85.07% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 163 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Adam Afriyie’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 160 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 23 Feb 2015.
8. Land and Property
Flat in London.
9. Registrable shareholdings
(a) Axonn Media Ltd (formerly Adfero Ltd); news and information services company.
(a) Connect Support Services Ltd; IT
(a) Brafton Media Incorporated; news and information services company.
(a) Adfero Media Ltd; news and information services company (Registered 26 March 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from