Adam Afriyie’s voting in Parliament
Adam Afriyie is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Adam Afriyie’s votes.
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Consistently voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
Generally voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Consistently voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
Almost always voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Adam Afriyie’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Adam Afriyie’s full vote analysis page for more.
Adam Afriyie occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, what steps he plans to take to widen access to sources of alternative finance.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what assessment he has made of the effect of the triple lock pension policy of the number of pensioners living in poverty in (a) Windsor, (b) the South East and (c) the UK.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, if he will make it his policy to publish a health impact assessment on proposals for new airport runways of (a) the health effects of noise and (b) other health effects before the construction of those runways is started.
More of Adam Afriyie’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Windsor
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Universities and Skills
- Members: Allowances
- Departmental Information and Communications Technology
- Heathrow Airport
- Energy: Meters
Other offices held in the past
- Chair, Members' Expenses Committee (19 Jul 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Members' Expenses Committee (18 Jul 2011 to 19 Jul 2011)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (17 Dec 2007 to 13 Oct 2008)
- Member, Innovation, Universities and Skills Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 17 Dec 2007)
- Shadow Minister (Science and Innovation) (3 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (17 Jul 2005 to 30 Oct 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 24 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 74 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 86.74% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 155 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Adam Afriyie’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 171 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 14 Dec 2015.
6. Land and property: (i) value over £100,000 (ii) rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in London: (i)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Axonn Media Ltd (formerly Adfero Ltd); news and information services company.
Connect Support Services Ltd; IT
Brafton Media Incorporated; news and information services company.
Adfero Media Ltd; news and information services company. (Registered 26 March 2013
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from