How Adam Afriyie voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted strongly against a more proportional system for electing MPs Source
Voted very strongly against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Voted very strongly for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Voted very strongly for reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted strongly for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Voted strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Get email notifications when Adam Afriyie speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Adam Afriyie occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what steps he has taken to improve transport links in the Thames Valley.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what steps she has taken to improve flood defences in the Thames Valley in 2014.
To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, what recent assessment he has made of the effectiveness of the current BBC funding model; and if he will make a statement.
More of Adam Afriyie's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Windsor
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Universities and Skills
- Members: Allowances
- Departmental Information and Communications Technology
- Space Technology
- Heathrow Airport
Currently held offices
- Member, Members' Expenses Committee
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister, Business (27 Jul 2009 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Minister (Innovation and Science), Business (27 Jul 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (4 Jun 2009 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (18 Dec 2007 to 14 Oct 2008)
- Member, Innovation, Universities and Skills Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 18 Dec 2007)
- Shadow Minister, Innovation, Universities and Skills (6 Jul 2007 to 4 Jun 2009)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (20 Jul 2005 to 20 Aug 2008)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 106 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 84.96% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 160 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Adam Afriyie’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 152 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Dec 2014.
8. Land and Property
Flat in London.
9. Registrable shareholdings
(a) Axonn Media Ltd (formerly Adfero Ltd); news and information services company.
(a) Connect Support Services Ltd; IT
(a) Brafton Incorporated; news and information services company.
(a) Castleford Media Pty Ltd; news and information services company.
(a) Adfero Media Ltd; news and information services company (Registered 26 March 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from