Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament
How Adam Afriyie voted on key issues
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schoolsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted very strongly for fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted moderately against Labour's anti-terrorism lawsDetails
- Voted very strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
- Voted for a stricter asylum systemDetails
- Voted very strongly against introducing ID cardsDetails
- Voted very strongly against allowing ministers to intervene in inquestsDetails
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate changeDetails
- Voted very strongly against restricting the provision of services to private patients by the NHSDetails
- Voted very strongly for a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
- Voted very strongly for an investigation into the Iraq warDetails
- Voted very strongly for reforming the NHS so GPs buy services on behalf of their patientsDetails
- Voted very strongly against raising welfare benefits at least in line with pricesDetails
- Voted strongly against a more proportional system for electing MPsDetails
- Voted moderately against a smoking banDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a transparent ParliamentDetails
- Voted strongly against a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted moderately against more EU integrationDetails
- Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
- Voted moderately against equal gay rightsDetails
- Voted strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Voted moderately for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted very strongly for reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
More on well-known issues (from the Guardian) & their full record
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice what steps he is taking to ensure that users of public services can access and control personal data held on them by the Government, its agencies and other public bodies.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what assessment he has made of the effect of the expansion of Heathrow on the ability of local authorities in Berkshire, Surrey and the surrounding areas to manage high levels of rainfall.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what assessment he has made of the potential effect of expansion of Heathrow airport on flood reservoir capacity in (a) Berkshire, (b) Surrey and (c) the surrounding areas.
More of Adam Afriyie's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Windsor
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Universities and Skills
- Members: Allowances
- Departmental Information and Communications Technology
- Heathrow Airport
- Chief Scientific Advisers
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister, Business (27 Jul 2009 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Minister (Innovation and Science), Business (27 Jul 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (4 Jun 2009 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (18 Dec 2007 to 14 Oct 2008)
- Member, Innovation, Universities and Skills Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 18 Dec 2007)
- Shadow Minister, Innovation, Universities and Skills (6 Jul 2007 to 4 Jun 2009)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (20 Jul 2005 to 20 Aug 2008)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 23 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 85.89% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 155 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Adam Afriyie’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 149 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 24 Feb 2014.
8. Land and Property
Flat in London.
9. Registrable shareholdings
(a) Axonn Media Ltd (formerly Adfero Ltd); news and information services company.
(a) Connect Support Services Ltd; IT
(a) Brafton Incorporated; news and information services company.
(a) Castleford Media Pty Ltd; news and information services company.
(a) Adfero Media Ltd; news and information services company (Registered 26 March 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register