Adam Afriyie’s voting in Parliament
Adam Afriyie is a Conservative MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Adam Afriyie’s votes.
Generally voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Almost always voted for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Consistently voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
Almost always voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Adam Afriyie’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Adam Afriyie’s full vote analysis page for more.
Adam Afriyie occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what estimate he has made of the value of UK exports to (a) the EU, (b) the US, (c) China and (d) India in (i) 2000 and (ii) the most recent year available.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what steps his Department has taken to boost the growth of the financial technology industry.
To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, what recent steps he has taken to implement EU regulations on net neutrality.
More of Adam Afriyie’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Windsor
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Universities and Skills
- Members: Allowances
- Departmental Information and Communications Technology
- Heathrow Airport
- Intellectual Property
Other offices held in the past
- Chair, Members' Expenses Committee (19 Jul 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Members' Expenses Committee (18 Jul 2011 to 19 Jul 2011)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (17 Dec 2007 to 13 Oct 2008)
- Member, Innovation, Universities and Skills Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 17 Dec 2007)
- Shadow Minister (Science and Innovation) (3 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (17 Jul 2005 to 30 Oct 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 27 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 59 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.57% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 159 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Adam Afriyie’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 170 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Aug 2015.
6. Land and property: (i) value over £100,000 (ii) rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in London: (i)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Axonn Media Ltd (formerly Adfero Ltd); news and information services company.
Connect Support Services Ltd; IT
Brafton Media Incorporated; news and information services company.
Adfero Media Ltd; news and information services company. (Registered 26 March 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from