How Adam Afriyie voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted strongly for fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted moderately against more EU integrationDetails
- Voted moderately for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted very strongly for reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
- Voted strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted very strongly against removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Adam Afriyie hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
What recent steps he has taken to encourage young people to get involved in business.
I thank the Minister for that response and very much welcome the Government’s commitment to increasing access and exposure to, and experience of, business in schools, because it is through business and enterprise that people access social mobility, jobs and opportunity. Does he agree that we need constantly to seek better ways of connecting businesses with schools and ensuring that...
To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport what recent steps she has taken to increase UK cultural exports; and if she will make a statement.
More of Adam Afriyie's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Windsor
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Universities and Skills
- Members: Allowances
- Departmental Information and Communications Technology
- Heathrow Airport
- Intellectual Property
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister, Business (27 Jul 2009 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Minister (Innovation and Science), Business (27 Jul 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (4 Jun 2009 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (18 Dec 2007 to 14 Oct 2008)
- Member, Innovation, Universities and Skills Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 18 Dec 2007)
- Shadow Minister, Innovation, Universities and Skills (6 Jul 2007 to 4 Jun 2009)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (20 Jul 2005 to 20 Aug 2008)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 45 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 86.13% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 155 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Adam Afriyie’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 149 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
8. Land and Property
Flat in London.
9. Registrable shareholdings
(a) Axonn Media Ltd (formerly Adfero Ltd); news and information services company.
(a) Connect Support Services Ltd; IT
(a) Brafton Incorporated; news and information services company.
(a) Castleford Media Pty Ltd; news and information services company.
(a) Adfero Media Ltd; news and information services company (Registered 26 March 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.