We are listening.
I have a supplementary on that point. You said that you can effectively subcontract to someone else to organise your retail customers for you rather than exiting. Does that mean that you could subcontract to another water company? If I am Thames, can I subcontract to Scottish Water? Is that what you mean?
Effectively, you could have quite a lot of consolidation through subcontracting without exit?
More of John Penrose's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Weston-Super-Mare
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Home Department
- Enterprise and Regulatory Reform
- Education and Skills
- Members: Correspondence
- Speed Cameras
- National Employer Training Programme
- Consumer Credit: Licensing
- Departmental Finance
Other offices held in the past
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (7 Oct 2013 to 8 Feb 2014)
- Member, Administration Committee (3 Dec 2012 to 28 Oct 2013)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Culture, Media and Sport) (17 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (10 Aug 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Business Enterprise and Regulatory Reform), Business (27 Jul 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Business (27 Jul 2009 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Minister, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (4 Jun 2009 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Minister, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (19 Jan 2009 to 4 Jun 2009)
- Shadow Minister, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (19 Jan 2009 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 10 Aug 2009)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 83.07% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 22 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 159 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on John Penrose’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 166 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.