I am grateful for the chance to serve under your chairmanship, Mr Streeter. I am also grateful to my hon. Friend the Member for Carmarthen West and South Pembrokeshire (Simon Hart)for securing this important debate. My hon. Friend asked two clear questions, but also pointed out that in four and half years in this place no Minister has ever answered his questions. I am a loyal Minister and I...
Before I give way, will the hon. Gentleman let the House know—and the Minister answering his question—what his current status is?
I am not clear what question the hon. Gentleman is asking me. Is he asking whether every constituency in Wales has an element of rurality? [Interruption.] I agree—I answered that question directly. Do I agree that his three constituents deserve the help of Openreach? I agree. I have ensured that key executives from Openreach are within 50 yards of the hon. Gentleman, to take up his...
More of Edward Vaizey's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Wantage
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Culture Media and Sport
- Home Department
- Education and Skills
- Light Bulbs
- Renaissance in the Regions
- Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre
Currently held offices
- Minister of State (Business, Innovation and Skills) (Digital Industries) (Jointly with Department for Culture Media and Sport)
- Minister of State (Culture Media and Sport) (Digital Industries) (Jointly with Department for Business, Innovation and Skills)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (22 May 2010 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Business, Innovation and Skills) (Culture, Communications and Creative Industries) (jointly with the Department for Culture, Media and Sport) (21 May 2010 to 21 Dec 2010)
- - Shadow Minister (Arts), Culture, Media and Sport (8 Sep 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- - Shadow Minister (Arts), Culture, Media & Sport (27 Jul 2009 to 8 Sep 2009)
- Shadow Minister, Culture, Media & Sport (6 Jul 2007 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Minister (Arts), Culture, Media & Sport (8 Nov 2006 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (18 Jan 2006 to 7 Nov 2007)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 13 Mar 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 35 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 65.56% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 12 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 172 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Edward Vaizey’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 517 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from