How David Simpson voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately against increasing the rate of VAT Source
Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Source
Voted moderately against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted strongly for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Voted moderately against more EU integration Source
Get email notifications when David Simpson speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
David Simpson hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what discussions his Department has had with the Nigerian government on the two recent suicide bombings in the north of that country.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what discussions his Department has had with the Czech government on the shooting of eight people in a restaurant in Uherský Brod on 24 February 2015.
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what reports she has received on the situation between the government of Democratic Republic of Congo and Rwandan Hutu rebels.
More of David Simpson's recent appearances
DUP MP for Upper Bann, Former DUP MLA for Upper Bann
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Entered the Assembly on 26 November 2003 — General election
Left the Assembly on 1 July 2010 — Resigned
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Northern Ireland
- Home Department
- Culture Media and Sport
- Departmental Staff
- Departmental Visits Abroad
- Departments: Official Hospitality
- Departmental Sick Leave
- Ministerial Visits (Accommodation)
Currently held offices
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Communities and Local Government)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (11 Nov 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (10 Nov 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Transport Committee (13 Jul 2007 to 11 Nov 2008)
- Member, Transport Committee (12 Jul 2007 to 10 Nov 2008)
- Shadow Spokesperson (International Development) (1 Jun 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Transport) (1 Jun 2007 to 1 Jun 2009)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Education) (1 Jun 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (3 Aug 2006 to 10 Nov 2009)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (1 Nov 2005 to 10 Nov 2009)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (25 Oct 2005 to 9 Nov 2009)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (24 Oct 2005 to 9 Nov 2009)
- Shadow Minister (Trade and Industry) (1 Jun 2005 to 1 Jun 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 48 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 154 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 47.04% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 65 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Simpson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 143 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 23 Feb 2015.
1. Remunerated directorships
Universal Meat Company, 17A Derrycoose Road, Annaghmore, BT62 1LY. Meat importers/exporters. Advisory role: dealing with banks. Payments of £3,000 will be made quarterly from September 2009.
8. Land and Property
Farmlands, 17 Derrycoose Road, Annaghmore, Portadown, BT62 1LY. Rental income received.
Farmlands, Derryhirk Road, Dungannon. Rental income received.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from