How David Simpson voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Voted moderately against reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted very strongly against a more proportional system for electing MPs Source
Voted strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Voted strongly against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted moderately against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Get email notifications when David Simpson speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
David Simpson hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what plans the NHS has for future support and care for people with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what assessment her Department has made of the effect of rural crime on the economy.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what steps her Department plans to take to tackle global deforestation.
More of David Simpson's recent appearances
DUP MP for Upper Bann, Former DUP MLA for Upper Bann
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Entered the Assembly on 26 November 2003 — General election
Left the Assembly on 1 July 2010 — Resigned
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Northern Ireland
- Home Department
- Culture Media and Sport
- Departmental Staff
- Departmental Visits Abroad
- Departments: Official Hospitality
- Departmental Sick Leave
- Ministerial Visits (Accommodation)
Currently held offices
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Communities and Local Government)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (11 Nov 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Transport Committee (13 Jul 2007 to 11 Nov 2008)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (3 Aug 2006 to 10 Nov 2009)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (1 Nov 2005 to 10 Nov 2009)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 47 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 132 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 48.29% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 65 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Simpson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 139 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Dec 2014.
1. Remunerated directorships
Universal Meat Company, 17A Derrycoose Road, Annaghmore, BT62 1LY. Meat importers/exporters. Advisory role: dealing with banks. Payments of £3,000 will be made quarterly from September 2009.
Received £3,000 quarterly payment in December 2012. Hours: 36 hrs. (Registered 9 January 2014)
Received £3,000 quarterly payment in March 2013. Hours: 36 hrs. (Registered 9 January 2014)
Received £3,000 quarterly payment in June 2013. Hours: 36 hrs. (Registered 9 January 2014)
Received £3,000 quarterly payment in September 2013. Hours: 36 hrs. (Registered 9 January 2014)
Received £3,000 quarterly payment in December 2013. Hours: 36 hrs. (Registered 9 January 2014)
8. Land and Property
Farmlands, 17 Derrycoose Road, Annaghmore, Portadown, BT62 1LY. Rental income received.
Farmlands, Derryhirk Road, Dungannon. Rental income received.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from