Greg Clark’s voting in Parliament
Greg Clark is a Conservative MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Greg Clark sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Greg Clark consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Greg Clark’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Greg Clark’s full vote analysis page for more.
Greg Clark hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Cities and Local Government Devolution Bill [HL] - Report stage – Greg Clark.
Cities and Local Government Devolution Bill [HL] - 3rd reading – Greg Clark.
Communities and Local Government: The Government's Cities and Local Government Devolution Bill.
Witnesses: Rt Hon Alastair Burt MP, Minister of State for Community and Social Care, Department of Health Rt Hon Priti Patel MP, Minister of State for Employment, Department for Work and Pensions Rt Hon Greg Clark MP, Secretary of State, Department for Communities and Local Government James Wharton MP, Minister for Local Growth and the Northern Powerhouse, Department for Communities and Local Government
More of Greg Clark’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Tunbridge Wells
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Energy and Climate Change
- Duchy of Lancaster
- Work and Pensions
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Departmental Energy
- Warm Front Scheme
- Departmental Buildings
- Departmental Carbon Emissions
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Minister of State (Universities and Science) (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Minister of State (Cabinet Office) (7 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- The Financial Secretary to the Treasury (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- The Minister of State, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (19 Jul 2011 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Minister of State (Department for Communities and Local Government) (Decentralisation and Cities) (also in the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills) (13 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change (6 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office) (3 Jul 2007 to 6 Oct 2008)
- Shadow Minister for Charities, Voluntary Bodies and Social Enterprise (7 Nov 2006 to 2 Jul 2007)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 17 Jul 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 19 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 88.64% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 12 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 209 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Greg Clark’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 563 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Nov 2015.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: G. Collins & Sons Ltd
Address of donor: 78 High Street, Tunbridge Wells TN1 1YB
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: company, registration 3651851
(Registered 04 March 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from