We shall have a moment of silence at the end of Question Time, but I think that, as we gather together in the House at this point, we will all want to share our condemnation of the atrocities in Tunisia, Kuwait and France last week. All our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families. The Government are committed to devolving greater powers away from Whitehall to drive...
I am having discussions with the leaders of the north-eastern authorities, and I expect to see them later in the week. There is a real groundswell of opinion in the north-east that now is the time to put aside some of the divisions that have held it back, and to have clear leadership. Nothing will be imposed on an area, but I look forward to meeting the leaders and hearing their proposals.
I do indeed. My hon. Friend is a pioneer of neighbourhood planning. He worked closely with me when I was last a Minister in the Department to ensure that it was introduced, and it has been a huge success. The first neighbourhood plan was in Thame, in his constituency. More than 1,500 communities are now engaged in the neighbourhood planning process, and 300 neighbourhood plans have been...
More of Greg Clark’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Tunbridge Wells
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Energy and Climate Change
- Duchy of Lancaster
- Work and Pensions
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Departmental Energy
- Warm Front Scheme
- Departmental Buildings
- Departmental Carbon Emissions
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Minister of State (Universities and Science) (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Minister of State (Cabinet Office) (7 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- The Financial Secretary to the Treasury (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- The Minister of State, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (19 Jul 2011 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Minister of State (Department for Communities and Local Government) (Decentralisation and Cities) (also in the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills) (13 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change (6 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office) (3 Jul 2007 to 6 Oct 2008)
- Shadow Minister for Charities, Voluntary Bodies and Social Enterprise (7 Nov 2006 to 2 Jul 2007)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 17 Jul 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 23 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 12 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 204 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Greg Clark’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 523 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(a) Donations to my constituency
party or association, which have been or will be reported by the party to the Electoral Commission:
(a) Name of donor: G. Collins & Sons Ltd
(a) Address of donor: 78 High Street, Tunbridge Wells TN1 1YB
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
(a) Donor status: company, registration 3651851
(a) (Registered 4 March 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from