I have had a lot of involvement with companies that have suffered at the hands of such directors, who subsequently set up again, perhaps by using a pre-pack or some other way. The unsecured creditors are the people who suffer and they may have to absolve their company. One suggestion is that we should have a register to track the record of a company’s directors so that any company...
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government what recent discussions he has had with West Midlands Fire Authority on staffing patterns in that fire service.
My right hon. Friend recently visited Solihull college in my constituency, and saw for himself the brilliant work that it is doing with skills and apprenticeships. Will he join me in welcoming the Birmingham and Solihull LEP growth deal, which will, among many other things, make an aviation engineering training centre a reality, and help Birmingham international airport to become the go-to...
More of Lorely Burt's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Solihull
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Departments: Equal Opportunities
- UK Trade and Investment
- Departmental Procurement
- Departmental Contracts
- Shareholder Executive
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Draft Voting Eligibility (Prisoners) Bill (4 Mar 2013 to 16 Dec 2013)
- Shadow Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Minister; Chair of the Parliamentary Party (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Chair of the Parliamentary Party, Cross-Portfolio and Non-Portfolio Responsibilities (25 Oct 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Minister, Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (5 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (4 May 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Small Business), Trade & Industry (21 Mar 2006 to 4 Jul 2007)
- Women & Equality, Cross-Portfolio and Non-Portfolio Responsibilities (21 Mar 2006 to 5 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Minister, Northern Ireland Affairs (19 Oct 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
- Member, Treasury Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 26 Apr 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 40 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 14 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 73.65% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 108 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Lorely Burt’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 279 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments received for parliamentary panel surveys from ComRes, 4 Millbank, London SW1P 3JA. All payments donated to my constituency party:
£75 received on 4 June 2013 for participation in April Parliamentary Panel Survey. Hours: 45 mins.(Registered 29 August 2013)
£100 received on 10 June 2013 for participation in a research project. Hours: 45 mins..(Registered 29 August 2013)
£100 received on 24 June 2013 for participation in Nationwide project. Hours: 45 mins. (Registered 29 August 2013)
£75 received on 16 September 2013 for participation in June 2013 Parliamentary Panel Survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 17 September 2013)
Payments from Ipsos MORI
for participation in surveys. Address: 79-81 Borough Road, London, SE1 1FY. All payments donated to my constituency party:
£80 received on 22 August 2013 for participation in a survey on technology issues. Hours: 45 mins.(Registered 29 August 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.