My local trust in Solihull tries to treat mentally ill patients out of hospital and at home whenever possible. That is commendable, but when a patient needs a bed they have to travel up to 200 miles because the trust operates at 100% capacity most of the time. Does my right hon. Friend agree that that is unacceptable and that more beds should be made available locally?
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, what service the British Business Bank offers to the manufacturing sector.
More of Lorely Burt's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Solihull
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Departments: Equal Opportunities
- UK Trade and Investment
- Departmental Procurement
- Departmental Contracts
- Shareholder Executive
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Draft Voting Eligibility (Prisoners) Bill (4 Mar 2013 to 16 Dec 2013)
- Shadow Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Minister; Chair of the Parliamentary Party (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Chair of the Parliamentary Party, Cross-Portfolio and Non-Portfolio Responsibilities (25 Oct 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Minister, Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (5 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (4 May 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Small Business), Trade & Industry (21 Mar 2006 to 4 Jul 2007)
- Women & Equality, Cross-Portfolio and Non-Portfolio Responsibilities (21 Mar 2006 to 5 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Minister, Northern Ireland Affairs (19 Oct 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
- Member, Treasury Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 26 Apr 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 37 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 9 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 73.48% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 110 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Lorely Burt’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 280 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from