To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what steps the Government is taking to protect bereaved families if their funeral plan provider goes out of business; and if he will review the effectiveness of procedures in place for those circumstances.
To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office, what the value was of Government procurement with small and medium-sized enterprises in each financial year from 2010-11.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, how the Government gathers data on whether its suppliers are small and medium-sized enterprises.
More of Lorely Burt’s recent appearances
Former Liberal Democrat MP for Solihull
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Departments: Equal Opportunities
- UK Trade and Investment
- Departmental Procurement
- Departmental Contracts
- Shareholder Executive
Other offices held in the past
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (4 Nov 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Draft Voting Eligibility (Prisoners) Bill Committee (4 Mar 2013 to 16 Dec 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (20 Dec 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Chair of the Liberal Democrat Parliamentary Party (25 Oct 2007 to 1 Nov 2012)
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (3 Aug 2006 to 20 Dec 2007)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (2 May 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Treasury Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 24 Apr 2006)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (10 May 2005 to 3 Aug 2006)
- Shadow Minister (Northern Ireland) (10 May 2005 to 3 Aug 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 7 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 7 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.96% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 81 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 280 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from