To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, how many (a) full-time and (b) part-time staff were employed at the Rural Payments Agency in each of the last five years.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, how many extra staff have been (a) hired and (b) reassigned from other roles in the Rural Payments Agency to manage applications for the Basic Payment Scheme in 2014-15.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, whether Government funding has been allocated to increase the number of apprenticeships in the food, farming and agri-tech sector.
More of Angela Smith’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Penistone and Stocksbridge
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Also represented Sheffield, Hillsborough
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Departmental Speeches
- Departmental Legal Opinion
- Bovine Tuberculosis
- Eggborough Power Station
- Agriculture: Subsidies
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (15 Apr 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (7 Oct 2011 to 15 Apr 2014)
- Member, Administration Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 23 Jan 2012)
- Opposition Assistant Whip (Commons) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Procedure Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 21 Mar 2011)
- Member, Transport Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
- Member, Transport Committee (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Yvette Cooper, Chief Secretary), HM Treasury (29 Jan 2008 to 16 Jan 2009)
- PPS (Rt Hon Yvette Cooper, Minister of State), Department for Communities and Local Government (11 Oct 2007 to 29 Jan 2008)
- PPS (Yvette Cooper, Minister of State), Department for Communities and Local Government (8 May 2006 to 11 Oct 2007)
- PPS (Yvette Cooper, Minister of State), Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (10 Nov 2005 to 8 May 2006)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 Nov 2007)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 61 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 51.35% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 116 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Angela Smith’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 254 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from