Does Robert Goodwill respond to constituents’ emails?
According to our 2015 survey, Robert Goodwill responded to a
medium proportion of messages
sent by constituents on WriteToThem.com.
See the results in context
Robert Goodwill’s voting in Parliament
Robert Goodwill is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Robert Goodwill sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Robert Goodwill generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Robert Goodwill’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Robert Goodwill’s full vote analysis page for more.
Robert Goodwill has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Programme 2016/17 2017/18 2018/19 2019/20 2020/21 Total Cycling £m £m £m £m £m £m Real term spending £185.20 £199.56 £115.07 £87.98 £54.41 £642.23 We have applied the GDP deflator rates to the figures that were provided in response to the...
Programme 2016/17 2017/18 2018/19 2019/20 2020/21 Total Walking £m £m £m £m £m £m Real term spending £97.00 £88.45 £67.01 £42.10 £21.60 £316.16 We have applied the GDP deflator rates to the figures that were provided in response to the original...
On 14 December 2015, the Government formally announced that it accepted the case for airport expansion in the South-East and agreed with the Airports Commission’s shortlist of options. The Government also decided to undertake a package of further work which it anticipates will conclude over the summer. This has included further work to help develop the best possible package of measures...
More of Robert Goodwill’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Scarborough and Whitby
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Motor Vehicles: Registration
- Driving: Licensing
- Motor Vehicles: Testing
- Railways: Freight
- Motor Vehicles: Excise Duties
Currently held offices
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Transport) (since 7 Oct 2013)
Other offices held in the past
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Minister (Transport) (3 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (8 Nov 2006 to 3 Jul 2007)
- Member, Transport Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 11 Dec 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Robert Goodwill’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 84.83% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 43 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 189 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Robert Goodwill’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 374 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Jun 2016.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over Â£100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over Â£10,000 a year
Southwood Farm, Terrington, York, which is farmed "in hand": (i) and (ii).
Three industrial units at Southwood Farm, Terrington, York: (i) and (ii).
Four houses in Teesside. Administered by R W Goodwill, Property Division
: (i) and (ii).
A residential property in North Yorkshire
which is under renovation with a view to letting. Administered by R W Goodwill, Property Division: (i). (Registered 03 April 2012
Flat in London. Administered by R W Goodwill, Property Division: (i) and (ii). (Registered 10 April 2012)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
) Ltd; cemetery company
7. (ii) Other shareholdings, valued at more than Â£70,000
I own a commercial ship which is leased to an operator and from which I receive income. (Updated 29 May 2012
Unremunerated managing director of Mowthorpe (UK) Ltd; see entry in Category 7
above. (Updated 13 May 2015
Farmer; R W Goodwill, Southwood Farm, Terrington, York. I draw no money from the farm. (Updated 13 May 2015)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from