Robert Goodwill’s voting in Parliament
Robert Goodwill is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Robert Goodwill sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Robert Goodwill generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Robert Goodwill’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Robert Goodwill’s full vote analysis page for more.
Robert Goodwill has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Ministers have a statutory role in the planning process with regard to transport related planning applications raised on appeal. It would therefore be seen as prejudicial, to comment on or discuss, matters relating to London City airport that are subject to a planning inquiry.
The introduction of a legally enforceable minimum passing distance between cyclists and other vehicles in South Australia is relatively recent. As a result, there is limited information available regarding the impacts both positive and negative following this change in the law. As with other changes of this type introduced overseas, we remain interested in the change and are keeping it under...
The Government is currently considering the large amount of very detailed analysis contained in the Airports Commission’s final report. The Government is not providing a running commentary on this work and nor would it be appropriate to outline specific pieces of evidence before an announcement. Any work to inform an announcement will be set out in subsequent publications and associated...
More of Robert Goodwill’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Scarborough and Whitby
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Motor Vehicles: Registration
- Driving: Licensing
- Motor Vehicles: Testing
- Railways: Freight
- Motor Vehicles: Excise Duties
Currently held offices
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Transport) (since 7 Oct 2013)
Other offices held in the past
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Minister (Transport) (3 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (8 Nov 2006 to 3 Jul 2007)
- Member, Transport Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 11 Dec 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Robert Goodwill’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 87.55% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 43 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 192 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Robert Goodwill’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 367 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 16 May 2016.
6. Land and property: (i) value over £100,000 (ii) rental income of over £10,000 a year
Southwood Farm, Terrington, York, which is farmed "in hand": (i) and (ii).
Three industrial units at Southwood Farm, Terrington, York: (i) and (ii).
Four houses in Teesside. Administered by R W Goodwill, Property Division
: (i) and (ii).
A residential property in North Yorkshire
which is under renovation with a view to letting. Administered by R W Goodwill, Property Division: (i). (Registered 03 April 2012
Flat in London. Administered by R W Goodwill, Property Division: (i) and (ii). (Registered 10 April 2012)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
) Ltd; cemetery company
7. (ii) Other shareholdings, valued at more than £70,000
I own a commercial ship which is leased to an operator and from which I receive income. (Updated 29 May 2012
Unremunerated managing director of Mowthorpe (UK) Ltd; see entry in Category 7
above. (Updated 13 May 2015
Farmer; R W Goodwill, Southwood Farm, Terrington, York. I draw no money from the farm. (Updated 13 May 2015)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from