Anne Main’s voting in Parliament
Anne Main is a Conservative MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Anne Main sometimes differs from their party collegues, such as:
Anne Main generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
Anne Main generally voted against requiring the mass retention of information about communications, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
Anne Main generally voted against culling badgers to tackle bovine tuberculosis, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Anne Main’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Anne Main’s full vote analysis page for more.
Anne Main sometimes rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what assessment she has made of the trends in numbers of cabbage stem flea beetle in the UK since December 2013.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what estimate she has made of the change in the UK's bee population since December 2013.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what estimate she has made of the amount of oilseed rape produced since December 2013.
More of Anne Main’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for St Albans
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- International Development
- Departmental Data Protection
- Tax Credits
- Departmental Property
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Panel of Chairs (23 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Draft Marine Bill (Joint Committee) (8 May 2008 to 22 Jul 2008)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (3 Sep 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (27 Jun 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 27 Jun 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 44 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 32 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 96.23% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 10 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 178 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Anne Main’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 317 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from