A selection of Nick Hurd's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Details
Voted moderately for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Details
Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Details
Voted moderately for a wholly elected House of Lords Details
Voted moderately for increasing the rate of VAT Details
New: more analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Nick Hurd never rebelled against their party in this parliament
High Speed Rail (London-West Midlands) Bill: High Speed Rail (London-West Midlands) Bill.
Witnesses: Mr Nick Hurd MP The Mayor of London Acting on behalf of The Greater London Authority Transport for London
It is extremely telling that the shadow Secretary of State had absolutely nothing to say about volunteering, because he does not want to talk about one of the great success stories of the games and of the legacy. Does my right hon. Friend agree that community-based sports volunteers have a crucial role to play in driving participation in sport? Will he join me in congratulating the...
I share my right hon. Friend’s concern about the scope and ambition of the additional provisions, which bear no relation at all to the concerns that my constituents are currently expressing to the Committee. There is a complete disconnect there. I also share her concerns about process. Will she join me in pressing the Minister at least to give us some reassurance at the end of the...
More of Nick Hurd’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Ruislip, Northwood and Pinner
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Also represented Ruislip - Northwood
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Cabinet Office
- Home Department
- Departmental Public Relations
- Executive Agencies
- Departmental Recruitment
- Departmental Expenditure
- Departmental Rail Travel
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Draft Protection of Charities Bill (Joint Committee) (6 Nov 2014 to 3 Feb 2015)
- The Parliamentary Secretary, Cabinet Office (12 May 2010 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office) (6 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (8 Dec 2007 to 6 Oct 2008)
- Member, Draft Climate Change Bill (Joint Committee) (18 Mar 2007 to 3 Aug 2007)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 8 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 94.59% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 12 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 106 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nick Hurd’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 243 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from