Nick Hurd’s voting in Parliament
Nick Hurd is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Nick Hurd sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Nick Hurd generally voted against requiring the mass retention of information about communications, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Nick Hurd’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Nick Hurd’s full vote analysis page for more.
Nick Hurd has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
The UK has played a leading role in the development of Education Cannot Wait – a fund for Education in Emergencies, which will be launched at the World Humanitarian Summit on 23rd May at a special event co-hosted by the UK. Education in emergencies and crises is a priority for the UK and the International Development Secretary will be speaking at the World Humanitarian Summit on the...
The UK has played a leading role in the development of Education Cannot Wait – a fund for education in emergencies. A key focus for Education Cannot Wait will be on ensuring that marginalised children and young people are able to access a quality education. This includes refugees and internally displaced children, as well as children facing barriers to their education because of their...
The Department does not have record of receiving a letter from the hon. Member for Aberdeen North dated 1 December 2015. My office has been in contact with the hon. Member’s office to receive a copy of the letter and we will respond in due course.
More of Nick Hurd’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Ruislip, Northwood and Pinner
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Also represented Ruislip - Northwood
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Cabinet Office
- Home Department
- Departmental Public Relations
- Executive Agencies
- Departmental Recruitment
- Departmental Expenditure
- Departmental Rail Travel
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for International Development (since 28 Nov 2015)
- Member, Petitions Committee (since 20 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Draft Protection of Charities Bill (Joint Committee) (6 Nov 2014 to 3 Feb 2015)
- The Parliamentary Secretary, Cabinet Office (12 May 2010 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office) (6 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (8 Dec 2007 to 6 Oct 2008)
- Member, Draft Climate Change Bill (Joint Committee) (18 Mar 2007 to 3 Aug 2007)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 14 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Nick Hurd’s speeches
- Has received answers to 19 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.84% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 12 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 106 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nick Hurd’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 265 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 16 May 2016.
Name of donor: Latin America Impact Investment Forum – New Ventures Mexico
Address of donor: Corina 59, Del Carmen, Coyoacán, 04100 Ciudad de México, D.F, Mexico
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): Flights and accommodation valued at £4,200
Destination of visit: Merida, Mexico
Date of visit: 24 February 2015
to 26 February 2015
Purpose of visit: to speak at the FLII
conference (Latin America Impact Investment Forum)
(Registered 08 June 2015
6. Land and property: (i) value over £100,000 (ii) rental income of over £10,000 a year
2 bedroom flat in Ruislip Middlesex: (i) and (ii).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from