Conservative MP for Reading East
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Schools and Families
- Universities and Skills
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Departmental Official Hospitality
- Departmental Recycling
- Higher Education: Admissions
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Secretary, Cabinet Office
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Commons Science and Technology Committee (7 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Whip, Whips (19 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Innovation, Universities, Science and Skills Committee (18 Apr 2008 to 7 Oct 2009)
- Member, Innovation, Universities and Skills Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 18 Apr 2008)
- Shadow Minister, Innovation, Universities and Skills (27 Jul 2007 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 7 Nov 2007)
- Member, Procedure Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 20 May 2008)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 6 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 85.73% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 16 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 159 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Rob Wilson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 185 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Dec 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from the Telegraph Media group, 111 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0DT:
Received £500 for article on 29 November 2013. Hours: 1.5 hrs. (Registered 6 January 2014)
8. Land and Property
A flat in Reading.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from