I would like to put on record my thanks to the Backbench Business Committee for its excellent work in facilitating debates such as this one today. I congratulate the hon. Member for Thurrock (Jackie Doyle-Price) on securing the debate on Gurkha pensions and terms of employment. That topic has been discussed at length here before but, as I would have expected, she gave an extremely thoughtful...
The hon. Lady makes an interesting point, although it would probably be better answered by a Home Office expert than me. This is complex, however. I have in my constituency a large number of Fijians who are based in Plymouth and in the Navy, and have a long-standing commitment. They could possibly equally argue that things need to be altered because of their degree and level of service. The...
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what commercial, project management and engineering role vacancies there were in his Department (a) in March 2014 and (b) on the latest date for which data is available.
More of Alison Seabeck's recent appearances
Labour MP for Plymouth, Moor View
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Also represented Plymouth, Devonport
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Defence: Procurement
- Written Questions
- Defence Equipment and Support
- Housing Benefit
- Housing: Construction
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Defence)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Defence Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (29 Jun 2010 to 3 Nov 2010)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (10 Aug 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Chairman, South West Regional Select Committee (12 Mar 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, South West Regional Select Committee (4 Mar 2009 to 12 Mar 2009)
- PPS (Rt Hon Geoff Hoon, Secretary of State), Department for Transport (10 Dec 2008 to unknown)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 14 Nov 2007)
- Assistant Whip (funded by HM Treasury) (28 Jun 2007 to 6 Oct 2008)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (28 Jun 2006 to 24 Oct 2006)
- PPS (Rt Hon Geoff Hoon, Minister of State), Foreign & Commonwealth Office (8 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 7 Nov 2007)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 28 Jun 2006)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 74 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 153 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.56% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 108 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Alison Seabeck’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 225 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from