It is a great privilege to follow the right hon. Member for Blackburn (Mr Straw), who was one of the first people to speak to me when I came to this House. He offered help if he could give it. That is the measure of the man, and it is a great privilege to follow him in this debate. I am equally delighted to have had the honour of serving in the House as the Member for Northampton South over...
As ever, I am most grateful to you, Mr Deputy Speaker. It has been an honour to serve under you. This will be my last speech in a major debate and I am delighted that you are in the Chair. Let me continue to be nice by telling the Economic Secretary how much I welcome this Budget for growth. It is based on five years of careful management, the provision of affordable services and the gradual...
More of Brian Binley’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Northampton South
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Energy and Climate Change
- Wind Power
- Energy: Meters
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (1 Oct 2009 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (10 Mar 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Business and Enterprise Committee (10 Mar 2008 to 30 Sep 2009)
- Member, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 10 Mar 2008)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (23 Jan 2006 to 8 Nov 2007)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (5 Dec 2005 to 18 Nov 2007)
- Member, Consolidation etc. Bills (Joint Committee) (14 Nov 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Constitutional Affairs Committee (13 Jul 2005 to 5 Nov 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 6 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 63.36% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 17 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 106 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 254 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
1. Remunerated directorships
Chairman (non-executive), BCC
Marketing Services Ltd, Belgrade Business Centre, Denington Road, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire NN8 2QH; a database building and information gathering telemarketing service company which I founded in 1989. I receive a payment of £32,000 per annum, paid monthly. I chair a monthly board meeting and have regular telephone contact with the managing director. Hours worked, approximately 5 hours per month.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Retained by the British Promotional Merchandise Association, 52-53 Russell Square, London WC1B 4HP, which promotes best practice for the sourcing, manufacturing and distribution of promotional products. Remuneration of £1,000 per year; hours not yet established. (Registered 12 June 2013)
9. Registrable shareholdings
(a) BCC Marketing Services Ltd.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from