How Brian Binley voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Source
Voted moderately for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs Source
Voted moderately against more EU integration Source
Voted strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Voted very strongly for reducing central government funding of local government Source
Get email notifications when Brian Binley speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Brian Binley quite often rebelled against their party in this parliament
My hon. Friend and I have battled on the same side on this issue for a number of years. In fact, I have been battling on this issue for most of the time I have been in this place. Does he, like me, hope that we will hear something more positive from the Government this evening than we have heard to date? The Labour Government and this Government have prevaricated consistently on the issue of...
Forty years ago our electoral systems and controls were the envy of the world. They have deteriorated dramatically in the past 15 years and this report highlights that fact. This is not only a question for Tower Hamlets, but it features largely in Tower Hamlets. Will the Minister speak to the Electoral Commission to see whether we can have a proper review of electoral systems to ensure this...
More of Brian Binley's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Northampton South
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Energy and Climate Change
- Wind Power
- Energy: Meters
- Driving Instructors
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (7 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (7 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Committee on Arms Export Controls (29 Sep 2008 to 7 Oct 2009)
- Member, Business and Enterprise Committee (18 Apr 2008 to 7 Oct 2009)
- Member, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 18 Apr 2008)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (24 Jan 2006 to 7 Nov 2007)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (6 Dec 2005 to 22 Nov 2007)
- Member, Consolidation etc. Bills (Joint Committee) (15 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 16 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 63.58% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 17 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 118 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Brian Binley’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 245 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Dec 2014.
1. Remunerated directorships
Chairman (non-executive), BCC
Marketing Services Ltd, Belgrade Business Centre, Denington Road, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire NN8 2QH; a database building and information gathering telemarketing service company which I founded in 1989. I receive a payment of £32,000 per annum, paid monthly. I chair a monthly board meeting and have regular telephone contact with the managing director. Hours worked, approximately 5 hours per month.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Retained by the British Promotional Merchandise Association, 52-53 Russell Square, London WC1B 4HP, which promotes best practice for the sourcing, manufacturing and distribution of promotional products. Remuneration of £1,000 per year; hours not yet established. (Registered 12 June 2013)
9. Registrable shareholdings
(a) BCC Marketing Services Ltd.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from