A selection of John Leech's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
Generally voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Almost always voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of John Leech’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit John Leech’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, whether the Government will refund penalty charges for people who subsequently were given a medical exemption certificate.
Health devolution will allow decision makers to prioritise health inequalities in Manchester, but does my right hon. Friend agree that health professionals in the NHS need to be involved in the detailed discussions to make sure that we get the best deal for patients in our local NHS?
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what steps he is taking to ensure that the need for a medical exemption certificate has been effectively communicated to sufferers of diabetes by the NHS Business Service Authority and pharmacies.
More of John Leech’s recent appearances
Former Liberal Democrat MP for Manchester, Withington
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Departmental Conditions of Employment
- Roads: Accidents
- Breast Cancer
- Driving: Eyesight
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (21 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Transport) (21 Mar 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Transport Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 21 Jan 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 11 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 66.34% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 26 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 169 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 145 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from