I am delighted to serve under your Chairmanship, Mr Brady. I pay tribute to my hon. Friend the Member for South Suffolk (Mr Yeo). I am not sure if this will be the last time we debate and listen to his contributions, but I pay tribute to his work for his constituents and for his party in serving the Government over the years, and to his work for the Committee on Energy and Climate Change....
I am grateful to the hon. Gentleman for that question, because I too remember the grander schemes, such as the Severn barrage and the Wyre barrage in my constituency. They were quite large-scale, ambitious schemes. I checked before I came to the debate, and one of the Department’s priorities is the Swansea lagoon barrage. If we can get that up and running successfully, it is the kind of...
I am happy to ask the Department about its observations on why Siemens did not choose to go forward, because we can learn from that. It may have been a commercial decision or there may have been an internal conflict of interest because the company wanted to focus on another technology, but it would be good to find out and move forward. My constituency borders the two current shale gas sites....
More of Ben Wallace’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Wyre and Preston North, Former Conservative MSP for North East Scotland
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Entered the Scottish Parliament on 6 May 1999 — Election
Left the Scottish Parliament on 31 March 2003 — Election
Also represented Lancaster and Wyre; North East Scotland
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Committees: Ministerial Attendance
- Future Large Aircraft
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (1 Dec 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (15 Jul 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Scotland) (6 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 10 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.71% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 125 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 165 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(a) Donations to my constituency
party or association, which have been or will be reported by the party to the Electoral Commission:
(a) Name of donor: The Portcullis Club
(a) Address of donor: 6 Manitoba Court, London SE16 7AY
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £1,750
(a) Donor status: unincorporated association
(a) (Registered 5 January 2015)
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Name of donor: The Royal Automobile Club Motor Sports Association
Address of donor: Motorsports House, Riverside Park, Colnbrook, SL3 0HG
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two tickets for British Grand Prix 6 July 2014, and hospitality; value £985
Date of receipt of donation: 6 July 2014
Date of acceptance of donation: 6 July 2014
Donor status: company, registration 1344829
(Registered 15 October 2014)
8. Land and Property
Flat in south west London, from which rental income is received.
Member of Public Policy Committee of the RAC Foundation, 89-91 Pall Mall, London SW1Y 5HS; unremunerated. (Registered 12 June 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from