My right hon. Friend the Prime Minister has announced that, from October, the national minimum wage will increase by 3% to £6.70 per hour, the largest real-terms increase since 2006. The Government are also committed to increasing the personal allowance to £12,500, and to ensuring that anyone who works at least 30 hours a week on the minimum wage pays no tax at all.
One of the best ways to help the low paid is to allow them to keep as much as possible of the money that they earn. The hon. Lady will be delighted to learn that, according to the most recent figures from the Office for National Statistics, average gross weekly earnings in Northern Ireland have increased by 10.2% over the past year. That is a whacking, massively great increase compared with...
Like every previous Government, this Government have tried—and, in many instances, continued successfully—to deal with child poverty. Let me reiterate that one of the best ways of doing that is to make sure that works pays, and that people keep the money that they earn. To ensure that that happens, we have increased the personal tax allowance by 63% since 2010, from £6,475 to...
More of Ben Wallace’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Wyre and Preston North, Former Conservative MSP for North East Scotland
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Entered the Scottish Parliament on 6 May 1999 — Election
Left the Scottish Parliament on 31 March 2003 — Election
Also represented Lancaster and Wyre; North East Scotland
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Committees: Ministerial Attendance
- Future Large Aircraft
Currently held offices
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Northern Ireland Office) (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (1 Dec 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Scotland) (6 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 5 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 96.55% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 126 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Ben Wallace’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 168 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(a) Donations to my constituency
party or association, which have been or will be reported by the party to the Electoral Commission:
(a) Name of donor: The Portcullis Club
(a) Address of donor: 6 Manitoba Court, London SE16 7AY
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £1,750
(a) Donor status: unincorporated association
(a) (Registered 5 January 2015)
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Name of donor: The Royal Automobile Club Motor Sports Association
Address of donor: Motorsports House, Riverside Park, Colnbrook, SL3 0HG
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two tickets for British Grand Prix 6 July 2014, and hospitality; value £985
Date of receipt of donation: 6 July 2014
Date of acceptance of donation: 6 July 2014
Donor status: company, registration 1344829
(Registered 15 October 2014)
8. Land and Property
Flat in south west London, from which rental income is received.
Member of Public Policy Committee of the RAC Foundation, 89-91 Pall Mall, London SW1Y 5HS; unremunerated. (Registered 12 June 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from