Rosie Cooper’s voting in Parliament
Rosie Cooper is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Rosie Cooper sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Rosie Cooper generally voted against equal gay rights, while most Labour MPs almost always voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Rosie Cooper’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Rosie Cooper’s full vote analysis page for more.
Rosie Cooper has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many regulatory bodies there are in the health sector; and what the direct annual cost to his Department is of running each such body.
Why not allow Capita to film those—
More of Rosie Cooper’s recent appearances
Labour MP for West Lancashire
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Department of Health
- Work and Pensions
- Education and Skills
- General Practitioners
- Legal Aid: Contracts
- Departmental Policies
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 29 Oct 2012)
- Member, Health Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Justice Committee (25 Jan 2010 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, North West Regional Select Committee (3 Mar 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Justice Committee (6 Nov 2007 to 17 Mar 2008)
- PPS (Mr Ben Bradshaw, Minister of State), Department of Health (28 Jun 2007 to 16 Jan 2009)
- PPS (Rt Hon Lord Rooker, Minister of State), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (8 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (28 Jun 2005 to 12 Dec 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Rosie Cooper’s speeches
- Has received answers to 97 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 38.10% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 136 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Rosie Cooper’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 122 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from