A selection of Emily Thornberry's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Details
Voted strongly against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Details
Voted moderately against encouraging occupational pensions Details
Voted moderately against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Details
Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Details
New: more analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Emily Thornberry hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
On a point of order, Mr Speaker. Given that so many Members wish to speak on this very important constitutional matter, which we have been bounced into at the last minute with the last gasp of this dreadful Government, is there not a way in which more time could be allocated so that everyone can express themselves?
On the subject of producing housing where the public need it, I am sure the Secretary of State knows that there are 19,000 families on the waiting list for housing in Islington, that the average price of a home in Islington is £630,000, and that 40% of my constituents live in social housing. Is he able to provide housing for Islington people? What is his plan for affordable housing in...
Rather than making cheap and rather silly points, which demeans the right hon. Gentleman, would he like to answer my question? Where is the Government help for building affordable housing in central London?
More of Emily Thornberry's recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Islington South and Finsbury
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Attorney General
- Crown Prosecution Service
- Serious Fraud Office
- Alternatives to Prosecution
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Attorney General (7 Oct 2011 to 20 Nov 2014)
- Shadow Minister (Health) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Energy and Climate Change) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Member, Draft Constitutional Renewal Bill (Joint Committee) (1 May 2008 to 22 Jul 2008)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (23 Oct 2006 to 2 Nov 2009)
- Member, Draft Legal Services Bill (Joint Committee) (15 May 2006 to 25 Jul 2006)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 26 Mar 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 111 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 64.81% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 26 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 201 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 191 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(b) Support in the capacity as an MP
(b) Name of donor: Leigh Day & Co solicitors
(b) Address of donor: Priory House, 25 St John’s Lane, London EC1M 4LB
(b) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: The services of a legal research assistant to support me in my capacity as Shadow Attorney General
for 5 days a week on a 6 month secondment from 16 September 2013 to 15 March 2014; value £14,500.
(b) Date of receipt: 16 September 2013
(b) Date of acceptance: 16 September 2013
(b) Donor status: limited liability partnership
(b) (Registered 28 January 2014)
8. Land and Property
Flat in Guildford, Surrey, from which rental income is received.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from