The Secretary of State can confirm that a reply will be despatched to the hon. Member for Walsall North’s letter, CTS ref M13949/14, on 29th October 2014.
Border Force is responsible for enforcing anti-smuggling controls at points of entry into Great Britain to detect imports of illegal meat and other products of animal origin arriving from outside the European Union. The Department of Agriculture and Rural Development is responsible for these controls at points of entry into Northern Ireland. Border Force seizes animal products that are...
In each year since 2010, checks have been carried out on all flights into private airfields that were notified to Border Force.
More of James Brokenshire's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Old Bexley and Sidcup
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Also represented Hornchurch
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Schools and Families
- Departmental Data Protection
- Capita Group
- Alcoholic Drinks: Misuse
- Departmental ICT
- Independent Safeguarding Authority
Currently held offices
- Minister of State (Home Office) (Security and Immigration)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department (11 May 2011 to 8 Feb 2014)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Home Office) (13 May 2010 to 11 May 2011)
- - Shadow Minister, Home Affairs (27 Jul 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Home Affairs (6 Jul 2007 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Minister (Police Reform), Home Affairs (9 Mar 2007 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Minister (Homeland Security), Home Affairs (11 Jan 2007 to 9 Mar 2007)
- Shadow Minister (Home Affairs), Home Affairs (8 Nov 2006 to 11 Jan 2007)
- Member, Constitutional Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 12 Dec 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 24 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 76.41% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 25 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 123 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on James Brokenshire’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 563 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Oct 2014.
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: 45b Westbourne Terrace, London W2 3UR
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): two dinners and tours to a value of £1,087; all other costs were met by me and my wife, who accompanied me.
Destination of visit: Israel
Date of visit: 25-29 May 2014
Purpose of visit: visits and tours to various parts of Israel to inform a clearer understanding of the country and the issues facing the region.
(Registered 16 June 2014)
I am a non-practising solicitor.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from