A selection of Greg Hands's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted very strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Details
Voted a mixture of for and against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Details
Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Details
Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT Details
Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Details
Voted very strongly for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Details
New: more analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Greg Hands hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
It is still their policy.
I have it in command from Her Majesty the Queen and His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales to acquaint the House that they, having been informed of the purport of the Church of England (Miscellaneous provisions) Measure, have consented to place their prerogative and interest, so far as they are affected by the measure, at the disposal of Parliament for the purposes of the measure. Question...
On a point of order, Mr Crausby. I think that Mike Thornton and Stephen Williams might have been missed out.
More of Greg Hands’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Chelsea and Fulham
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Also represented Hammersmith and Fulham
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Departmental Training
- Departmental Electronic Equipment
- FIFA World Cup
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee of Selection (9 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- The Treasurer of Her Majesty's Household (7 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (14 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Treasury) (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (12 Mar 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (27 Jun 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (16 Jan 2006 to 27 Jun 2006)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 88.05% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 166 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 196 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(a) Donations to my constituency
party or association, which have been or will be reported by the party to the Electoral Commission:
(a) Name of donor: Mr Arne Groes
(a) Address of donor: private
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: monetary donation of £5,000 to cover the cost of printing and delivery of leaflets
(a) Donor status: individual
(a) (Registered 3 December 2014)
(b) Support in the capacity as an MP
(b) Name of donor: Arne Groes
(b) Address of donor: private
(b) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000, meeting the cost of printing and distributing leaflets
(b) Date of receipt: 2 March 2015
(b) Date of acceptance: 2 March 2015
(b) Donor status: individual
(b) (Registration 27 March 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from