To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if he will produce a new national cancer plan for the next Parliament which prioritises the importance of early diagnosis.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what timescale his Department has set for rolling out the meningococcal group B vaccine Bexsero to all babies as part of the national immunisation programme.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if his Department will commission a carriage study into whether the meningococcal group B vaccine Bexsero should be extended and administered to adolescents and students.
More of Sharon Hodgson's recent appearances
Labour MP for Washington and Sunderland West
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Also represented Gateshead East and Washington West
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Culture Media and Sport
- Communities and Local Government
- Career Development
- Equal Opportunities
- Special Educational Needs
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Equalities)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Education) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (10 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Assistant Whip (funded by HM Treasury) (10 Jun 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, North East Regional Select Committee (4 Mar 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Dawn Primarolo, Minister of State), Department of Health (27 Nov 2008 to unknown)
- PPS (Rt Hon Bob Ainsworth, Minister of State), Ministry of Defence (4 Aug 2008 to 27 Nov 2008)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (27 Nov 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- PPS (Mr Liam Byrne, Minister of State), Home Office (8 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (13 Dec 2005 to 18 Jul 2006)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 40 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 486 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 73.99% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 127 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Sharon Hodgson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 227 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from