How Christopher Huhne voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
- Voted moderately for a more proportional system for electing MPsDetails
- Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Has never voted on raising welfare benefits at least in line with pricesDetails
- Voted moderately for a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
- Voted moderately for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Christopher Huhne hardly ever rebelled against their party in their last parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Health if he will make a comparative assessment of the adequacy of out-of-hours NHS services run by private companies and run directly by NHS organisations.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport if he will estimate how many foreign vehicles that have been in the country for more than six months are not registered for UK road tax.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport what steps he plans to take to ensure that foreign vehicles pay road tax after being in the UK for more than six months.
More of Christopher Huhne's recent appearances
Former Liberal Democrat MP for Eastleigh
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Left Parliament on 5 February 2013 — Resigned
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Departmental Legislation
- Information Technology
- Departmental Security
- Departments: Air Conditioning
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Home Secretary (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Justice & Lord Chancellor, Ministry of Justice (6 Mar 2008 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Home Affairs, Home Affairs (20 Dec 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Secretary of State for the Environment, Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (21 Mar 2006 to 20 Dec 2007)
- Shadow Minister, Treasury (1 Jun 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 5 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 30 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 68.05% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 19 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 143 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 495 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 4 Feb 2013.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Consultant providing advice on business strategy and policy to Nationwide Energy Services Ltd, Matrix Alpha, Northern Boulevard, Matrix Park, Swansea Enterprise Park, Swansea SA6 8RE, a company providing energy saving advice and installations.
Received on 22 October 2012, £20,500 comprising a £10,000 signature fee and a retainer of £3,500 a month payable in advance for October, November and December 2012. Hours: estimated at 8 hours a month; 24 hrs in total. (Registered 25 October 2012)
8. Land and Property
Residential and commercial property in the South-East from which rental income is received.(Updated 25 October 2012)
9. Registrable shareholdings
(b) IRISYS, of Towcester, Northants; company makes thermal imagers for process, people and queue monitoring. (Until 5 July 2012)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.