Let me first say that I fully associate myself with the remarks that the Prime Minister has just made about the victims of infected blood. We undertake today to act on those recommendations as well. I also join the Prime Minister in offering my condolences to the families who lost loved ones in the devastating plane crash yesterday, especially remembering the three British victims. Our...
No one is going to believe it. No one is going to believe it because of the Prime Minister’s extreme spending plans, because his numbers do not add up, and because he promised it last time and he broke his promise. Now, if the Prime Minister is in the mood for straight answers, let us try him with another one. Can he confirm that a spending cut—[Interruption.]
Can the Prime Minister confirm that the spending cuts that he plans in the next three years will be even greater than anything seen in the last five?
More of Edward Miliband’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Doncaster North
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Energy and Climate Change
- Education and Skills
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- North (Statistics)
- Carbon Sequestration
- Wind Power
- Renewable Energy
- Job Vacancies
Other offices held in the past
- Leader of Her Majesty's Official Opposition (25 Sep 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change (12 May 2010 to 25 Sep 2010)
- The Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change (3 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Minister (Cabinet Office) and Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster (28 Jun 2007 to 3 Oct 2008)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Cabinet Office) (5 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 41 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 37.21% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 23 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 190 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 667 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(b) Support in the capacity as an MP
(b) Name of donor: Mr William Thomas
(b) Address of donor: private
(b) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: donation of venue in East Midlands for meetings, from 4 to 6 December 2014; value £1,817
(b) Date of receipt: 4 December 2014
(b) Date of acceptance: 4 December 2014
(b) Donor status: individual
(b) (Registered 22 December 2014)
7. Overseas benefits and gifts
Name of donor: Sultan of Brunei
Address of donor: c/o Brunei Darussalam High Commission, 19-20 Belgrave Square, London SW1X 8PG
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: hamper with approx. value of £2,500, which was donated to charity
Date of receipt of donation: 19 December 2014
Date of acceptance of donation: 19 December 2014
Donor status: individual
(Registered 16 January 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from