The separate fire safety inspection regime reflects the different way in which the Crown is treated under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (S.I. 2005/1541), and in particular the fact that the enforcement provisions of the order do not apply to the Crown. The Fire Precautions Act 1971, which preceded the 2005 order, made a similar distinction. The Government have no plans to...
The number of incidents attended by the London Fire Brigade by borough is readily available for periods from April 1999, thus data are shown for years since 2000. Incidents attended in the London Borough of Havering by the London Fire Brigade, 2000-09 Number of incidents 2000 3,076 2001 3,487 2002 3,313 2003 3,983 2004 3,084 2005 3,279 2006 3,245 2007...
The Government are working to build a fairer, more equal society, where a person's chances and opportunities in life are determined solely by their talent and effort-not by their class, gender, religion or race. We are tackling race inequality by enforcing the strong legal framework, promoting clear leadership in public bodies and focusing work on race across Government. To mark the United...
More of Shahid Malik’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Dewsbury
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Left Parliament on 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Trade and Industry
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Education and Skills
- Energy Saving Accreditation
- Youth Work Projects
- Antisocial Behaviour Orders: Dewsbury
- Wild Bird Imports
Other offices held in the past
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Communities and Local Government (10 Jun 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Ministry of Justice (6 Oct 2008 to 10 Jun 2009)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for International Development (28 Jun 2007 to 6 Oct 2008)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (27 Mar 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- PPS (Jim Knight, Minister of State), Department for Education and Skills (8 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 18 Jul 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 19 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.08% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 93 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 91 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: Government of Pakistan
Address of donor: Pakistan
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): £1,000 covering part of my accommodation during the visit. All flights costs, both to Pakistan and within Pakistan were met by me.
Destination of visit: Pakistan
Date of visit: 11-20 August 2009
Purpose of visit: Meet family, senior politicians, and civil society.
(Registered 25 August 2009)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from