I thank the hon. Gentleman for advance notice of his intention to make a point of order. As I am sure he is aware, departmental matters are the responsibility of the Government, so it is not for the Chair to make decisions on them. The Leader of the House is in his place and will have heard what the hon. Gentleman has said, and he has put the matter on the record.
I will certainly take the matter back to the Speaker. The hon. Gentleman might also like to take it to the Backbench Business Committee as a matter for debate and discussion with the rest of the House.
Order. Will the hon. Gentleman please be seated? I think he would like to come to a question for the Leader of the House now.
More of Natascha Engel’s recent appearances
Labour MP for North East Derbyshire
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Dental Services: Standards
- Children: Maintenance
- Public Bills
- Work Capability Assessment
- Single Room Rent Restrictions
Other offices held in the past
- Chair, Backbench Business Committee (11 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Backbench Business Committee (15 May 2013 to 14 May 2014)
- Chair, Backbench Business Committee (16 May 2012 to 25 Apr 2013)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (19 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Backbench Business Committee (22 Jun 2010 to 1 May 2012)
- Member, Committee on Reform of the House of Commons (20 Jul 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Liam Byrne, Minister of State), Cabinet Office (17 Dec 2008 to 16 Jan 2009)
- PPS (Rt Hon Peter Hain, Secretary of State), Department for Work and Pensions (28 Jun 2007 to 24 Jan 2008)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 Nov 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 22 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 6 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 0.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 115 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Natascha Engel’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 189 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from