Theresa Villiers’s voting in Parliament
Theresa Villiers is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Theresa Villiers sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Theresa Villiers generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Theresa Villiers’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Theresa Villiers’s full vote analysis page for more.
Theresa Villiers has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
There is no specific budget allocated for food produced within the Departmen; figures which detail the origin of food produced are not held by my department.
The second session UK legislative programme unveiled in the Queen’s Speech on 18 May includes a number of measures directly relevant to the people of Northern Ireland. The majority of the 22 new Bills containing provisions that apply in Northern Ireland either in full or in part. Once again, this is a strong programme of legislation for Northern Ireland contained in a One Nation...
Figures which detail the origin of dairy products are not held by my Department.
More of Theresa Villiers’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Chipping Barnet
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Spending Review (Efficiency Targets)
- Departmental Data Protection
- Aviation: Security
- Departmental Statistics
- Heathrow Airport
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (since 6 Sep 2012)
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Department for Transport (14 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Transport (3 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 16 Jan 2006)
- Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury (10 May 2005 to 3 Jul 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Theresa Villiers’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 63.37% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 20 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 131 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Theresa Villiers’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 682 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 16 May 2016.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Monte Properties
Address of donor: 10B Aldermans Hill, Palmers Green, London N13 4PJ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
Donor status: company, registration 05057049
(Registered 04 June 2015
Name of donor: Lazari Investments Ltd
Address of donor: Accurist House, 44 Baker Street, London W1U 7BR
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: company, registration 01291023
(Registered 04 June 2015)
6. Land and property: (i) value over £100,000 (ii) rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in London: (i) and (ii).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from