I am in regular contact with the Irish Government and discuss a range of issues of economic and political importance, including legacy issues such as the Smithwick Tribunal.
May I first convey to the House the apologies of the Northern Ireland Minister who is chairing cross-party talks in Stormont today? It is for the Executive to ensure that the PSNI is properly resourced, and the Government have provided significant additional funding to tackle terrorism, totalling £231 million. We are now working with the PSNI to understand the impact that funding...
This is a very serious matter, and as the hon. Lady has said, the Chief Constable is concerned about the extent of the reductions proposed. A real concern is that a number of the cuts are in-year cuts, which makes achieving them through efficiency reforms very difficult. The Government will continue to support the PSNI with substantial extra security funding, but the Chief Constable now...
More of Theresa Villiers's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Chipping Barnet
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Spending Review (Efficiency Targets)
- Departmental Data Protection
- Aviation: Security
- Departmental Statistics
- Heathrow Airport
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for Northern Ireland
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Department for Transport (14 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Transport, Transport (6 Jul 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Chief Secretary To the Treasury, Treasury (16 Dec 2005 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 18 Jan 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 64.43% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 20 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 139 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Theresa Villiers’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 539 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 27 Oct 2014.
(b) Support in the capacity as an MP
(b) Name of donor: Barbara Yerolemou
(b) Address of donor: private
(b) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
(b) Donor status: individual
(b) (Registered 16 July 2014)
8. Land and Property
Flat in London, from which rental income is received.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from