How Theresa Villiers voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Voted moderately for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted moderately for encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VAT Source
Voted moderately for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
See more votes Theresa Villiers has made recently in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Theresa Villiers occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
It is not possible to provide a breakdown in the form requested as to do so may lead to the identification of individuals within my Department. I am however able to provide the average hourly rates for each grade in my Department, which are as follows: Grade Average Hourly Pay (£) SCS 40.79 A 24.03 B 18.70 C 15.71 D 13.15 E 10.84 F 8.45
Responsibility for the Police Ombudsman for Northern Ireland lies with the Department of Justice.
As of February 2015, 31 employees in my Department, equal to 29.2% of staff, were recorded as white or white British; 2 employees, equal to 1.9% of staff, were recorded as black, Asian or from other minority ethnic groups. These figures are based on those staff that chose to declare their ethnic origin; we do not hold information on the remaining 73 employees.
More of Theresa Villiers's recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Chipping Barnet
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Spending Review (Efficiency Targets)
- Departmental Data Protection
- Aviation: Security
- Departmental Statistics
- Heathrow Airport
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (since 6 Sep 2012)
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Department for Transport (14 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Transport (3 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 16 Jan 2006)
- Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury (10 May 2005 to 3 Jul 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 12 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 62.79% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 20 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 133 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 583 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Mar 2015.
(b) Support in the capacity as an MP
(b) Name of donor: Barbara Yerolemou
(b) Address of donor: private
(b) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
(b) Donor status: individual
(b) (Registered 16 July 2014)
8. Land and Property
Flat in London, from which rental income is received.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from