Does the Secretary of State share my concern that the family brand name Weetabix is closing its packet printers Vibixa in my constituency, with inevitable consequences for more than 100 employees and their families, after the company was denied the sales force that could have widened its customer base? Does he agree that when a profitable company closes a profitable subsidiary, it should...
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, how many referrals have been made to Multi-Agency Public Protection Arrangements Approved Hostels and Interventions, including Programmes in each month of the last two years.
The Inter-governmental Panel on Climate Change has warned of the terrifying prospect of global warming nearly 5° above pre-industrial levels, which would spell not just catastrophic but irreversible climate change. Will the Prime Minister play his part in ensuring that the third great economic bloc in the world, the European Union, is as committed as the United States and China to...
More of Martin Horwood's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Cheltenham
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Energy and Climate Change
- Home Department
- Trade and Industry
- Departmental Expenditure
- Departmental Tendering Policy
- Departmental Paper
- Electronic Equipment: Waste Disposal
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Privacy and Injunctions (Joint Committee) (14 Jul 2011 to 12 Mar 2012)
- Shadow Environment, Energy, Food and Rural Affair Minister (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (21 Jul 2008 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (13 Jul 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (28 Jun 2006 to 20 Nov 2007)
- Shadow Minister (Environment), Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (21 Mar 2006 to 21 Jul 2008)
- Shadow Minister, Home Affairs (19 Oct 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 28 Jun 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 70 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 42 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 73.64% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 172 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Martin Horwood’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 525 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Nov 2014.
(b) Support in the capacity as an MP
(b) Address of donor: private
(b) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: standing order between 1 August 2014 and 1 July 2015, amounting to an annual value of £2,400
(b) Date of receipt: 1 August 2014
(b) Date of acceptance: 1 August 2014
(b) Donor status: individual
(b) (Registered 1 August 2014)
8. Land and Property
50 per cent interest in a house in Cheltenham.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from