Pavement Parking Bill - Second reading – Martin Horwood.
Respectable democracies should not meet unacceptable attacks with unacceptable and disproportionate responses, including the bombing of mosques and hospitals, and the deaths of hundreds of civilians. Is the Secretary of State today raising with other European Governments the EU-Israel association agreement, which is supposed to be based on the shared values of respect for human rights, peace...
May I echo the Prime Minister’s sympathy for the victims of Flight MH17, and indeed for the even greater number who have died and continue to die in Gaza? He emphasised the movement of heavy equipment from Russia into Ukraine, and indeed there is evidence of rocket launchers being hastily moved back into Russia the day after the crash. As a signatory to the Budapest memorandum, what can...
More of Martin Horwood's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Cheltenham
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Energy and Climate Change
- Home Department
- Trade and Industry
- Departmental Expenditure
- Departmental Tendering Policy
- Departmental Paper
- Electronic Equipment: Waste Disposal
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Privacy and Injunctions (Joint Committee) (14 Jul 2011 to 12 Mar 2012)
- Shadow Environment, Energy, Food and Rural Affair Minister (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (21 Jul 2008 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (13 Jul 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (28 Jun 2006 to 20 Nov 2007)
- Shadow Minister (Environment), Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (21 Mar 2006 to 21 Jul 2008)
- Shadow Minister, Home Affairs (19 Oct 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 28 Jun 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 77 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 27 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 73.65% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 168 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Martin Horwood’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 509 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.