There are no plans to introduce a new mechanism for the removal of a judge of the High Court or the Court of appeal or to repeal section 11(3) of the Senior Courts Act 1981 (formerly known as the Supreme Court Act 1981).
There are no plans to take such steps.
The department is committed to enforcing as many criminal financial impositions as possible. Working with an external provider would bring the necessary investment, technology and innovation to build on the improvements already made by HMCTS.
More of Shailesh Vara’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for North West Cambridgeshire
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Departmental Data Protection
- Departmental Written Questions
- Departmental Art Works
- Departmental Reviews
- Human Trafficking
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Justice (since 7 Oct 2013)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (14 Nov 2011 to 14 Jan 2013)
- Member, Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 14 Nov 2011)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (8 Nov 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 11 Dec 2006)
- Vice-Chair, Conservative Party (1 Jul 2001 to 1 Jul 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 97.50% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 124 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Shailesh Vara’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 229 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from