Madeleine Moon’s voting in Parliament
Madeleine Moon is a Labour MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Madeleine Moon’s votes.
Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
Consistently voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
Generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Almost always voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Madeleine Moon’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Madeleine Moon’s full vote analysis page for more.
Madeleine Moon occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, which Ministry of Defence training camps or bases have closed in the last five years; how many jobs were lost through each such closure; which company provided (a) training and (b) catering at each such base; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, how many (a) Reservists and (b) Regular personnel received training at each of his Department's UK training bases or camps in each year since 2005; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, which Ministry of Defence training camps or bases in the UK provided training for (a) army, (b) Royal Navy, (c) RAF Reservists and (d) Regulars in each year since 2005; and if he will make a statement.
More of Madeleine Moon’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bridgend
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Ministry of Defence
- Armed Forces: Sexual Offences
- Departmental Furniture
Currently held offices
- Member, Defence Committee (since 6 Jul 2015)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 25 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Defence Committee (19 Jan 2009 to 30 Mar 2015)
- PPS (Rt Hon Jim Knight, Minister of State), Department for Children, Schools and Families (11 Nov 2008 to 30 Dec 2008)
- PPS (Jim Knight, Minister of State), Department for Children, Schools and Families (28 Jun 2007 to 11 Nov 2008)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (17 Jul 2005 to 6 Mar 2006)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 Nov 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 41 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 195 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.34% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 28 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 77 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Madeleine Moon’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 296 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 28 Sep 2015.
1. Employment and earnings
Fees for surveys for ComRes, Four Millbank, London SW1P 3JA:
Received £75 for completing a survey. Hours: 1 hr. Fee donated to local charity. (Registered 07 October 2014)
Received £75 for completing a survey. Hours: 1 hr. Fee donated to local charity. (Registered 27 November 2014)
Received £75 for completing November 2014 survey. Hours: 1 hr. Fee donated to local charity. (Registered 17 February 2015)
6. Land and property: (i) value over £100,000 (ii) rental income of over £10,000 a year
Part of rental income from a bungalow partly owned in Sheffield (Updated 28 May 2012): (i) and (ii) (Registered 11 May 2011)
Flat in London: (i) and (ii)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from