Madeleine Moon’s voting in Parliament
Madeleine Moon is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Madeleine Moon’s votes.
Generally voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Almost always voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Madeleine Moon’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Madeleine Moon’s full vote analysis page for more.
Madeleine Moon hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
There is increasing inequality across society for those who are disabled and need access to aids and adaptations. Those who can afford to buy them are fine, but there is a postcode lottery of availability. Is it not unfair, therefore, to look at aids and adaptations in assessments for the personal independence payment? Will the Secretary of State withdraw them from the PIP assessment?
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, pursuant to the Answer of 2 December 2015 to Question 17676, how many nights bed and breakfast has been utilised at (a) MOD Crickhowell, (b) MOD Fairbourne, (c) MOD Grantown-on-Spey and (d) MOD Llanrwst in each of the last five years; and what the cost of that provision was in each case.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, if he will detail what accommodation has been available for trainees at (a) MOD Grantown-on-Spey, (b) MOD Llanwrst, (c) MOD Fairbourne and (d) MOD Crickhowell in each of the last 10 years; whether external bed and breakfast accommodation is used for trainees at any of those centres; and if he will make a statement.
More of Madeleine Moon’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bridgend
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Ministry of Defence
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Armed Forces: Sexual Offences
- Military Bases
- Armed Forces: Training
Currently held offices
- Chair, Defence Sub-Committee (since 8 Sep 2015)
- Member, Defence Committee (since 6 Jul 2015)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 25 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Defence Committee (19 Jan 2009 to 30 Mar 2015)
- PPS (Rt Hon Jim Knight, Minister of State), Department for Children, Schools and Families (11 Nov 2008 to 30 Dec 2008)
- PPS (Jim Knight, Minister of State), Department for Children, Schools and Families (28 Jun 2007 to 11 Nov 2008)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (17 Jul 2005 to 6 Mar 2006)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 Nov 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 62 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 177 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 65.24% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 28 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 74 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Madeleine Moon’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 315 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 14 Dec 2015.
1. Employment and earnings
Fees for surveys for ComRes, Four Millbank, London SW1P 3JA:
6. Land and property: (i) value over £100,000 (ii) rental income of over £10,000 a year
Part of rental income from a bungalow partly owned in Sheffield (Updated 28 May 2012
): (i) and (ii) (Registered 11 May 2011
Flat in London: (i) and (ii)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from