The UK Government is very concerned by the sentencing of Alaa Abdel Fattah to five years in prison, on charges of organising an illegal protest. At the time of his initial conviction in June 2014, my predecessor, the right hon. Member for Faversham and Mid Kent (Sir Hugh Robertson) made a statement in which he expressed his concern over the case. We have raised this case in our conversations...
The Foreign and Commonwealth has not employed any apprentices, but are in the process of recruiting five apprentices in the 19-23 year old age bracket. The number of apprentices employed by FCO Services, an Executive Agency of the FCO, is eight for the 16-18/19-24 group and 14 apprentices who are aged over 25. None of these apprentices were previously employed by the Government immediately...
We hold regular discussions with Palestinian, Israeli and international contacts on the issue of Hamas’ capability. We have assessed that Hamas are seeking to rebuild infrastructure, including the tunnel network, in Gaza.
More of Tobias Ellwood's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Bournemouth East
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Culture Media and Sport
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Afghanistan: Peacekeeping Operations
- Aircraft Carriers
- Joint Strike Fighter Aircraft
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- - Shadow Minister, Culture, Media and Sport (8 Sep 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- - Shadow Minister, Culture, Media & Sport (27 Jul 2009 to 8 Sep 2009)
- Shadow Minister, Culture, Media & Sport (6 Jul 2007 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (2 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Whip, Whips (16 Dec 2005 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 24 Jan 2006)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 23 Jan 2006)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (10 May 2005 to 2 Jul 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 41 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 14 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 71.43% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 153 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Tobias Ellwood’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 547 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 23 Feb 2015.
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: 55 Tufton Street, London SW1P 3QL
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): £1,100
Date of visit: 9-13 January 2014
Purpose of visit: Fact finding visit, including meetings with Egyptian government ministers and the Foreign & Commonwealth Office
(Registered 12 February 2014)
Address of donor: (1) 118 Piccadilly, London W1J 7NW (2) c/o 23 Buckingham Gate, London SW1E 6LB
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): (1) return flights at £2,250 (2) accommodation and internal travel at an approximate value of £400
Date of visit: 22-24 June 2014
Purpose of visit: fact-finding visit with the Kurdistan Region APPG
, to meet senior security and political leaders, as well as a camp for refugees.
(Registered 7 August 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from