In April, the UN Security Council adopted Resolution 2216 (2015) which established an arms embargo against individuals or entities engaging in, or providing support for, acts that threaten the peace, security and stability of Yemen as designated by the Committee. We remain supportive of actions being taken to deter the Houthi aggression in Yemen, which came at the request of President Hadi,...
The Government is fully committed to the promotion of freedom of religion or belief and will stand up for the freedom of people of all religions – and non-religious people – to practise their beliefs in peace and safety. The FCO Annual Human Rights Report outlines our position and activities. My officials and I take every opportunity to discuss this critical issue with our...
The UK is a longstanding supporter of seeing a sovereign, democratic and viable Palestinian State living side by side in peace and security with Israel, and continues to be one of the largest donors to Palestinian state building efforts to that end. We reserve the right to recognise a Palestinian state at a time of our choosing and when it will best help bring about peace.
More of Tobias Ellwood’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Bournemouth East
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Culture Media and Sport
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Afghanistan: Peacekeeping Operations
- Aircraft Carriers
- Joint Strike Fighter Aircraft
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs (since 15 Jul 2014)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (2 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 23 Jan 2006)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (10 May 2005 to 2 Jul 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 27 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 86.21% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 144 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Tobias Ellwood’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 565 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments received for service in the Territorial Army. Address: Army Pay Office, 65 Brown St, Glasgow G2 8EX:
Received in 2012-13: £1,720. (Registered 16 March 2015)
Received in 2013-14: £507. (Registered 16 March 2015)
Received in April/May 2014: £49. (Registered 16 March 2015)
Received in August 2014: £1,365. Hours: 14 days. (Registered 16 March 2015)
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: (1) Hart Integrated Solutions (2) Kurdistan Regional Government
Address of donor: (1) 118 Piccadilly, London W1J 7NW (2) c/o 23 Buckingham Gate, London SW1E 6LB
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): (1) return flights at £2,250 (2) accommodation and internal travel at an approximate value of £400
Destination of visit: Erbil, Iraq
Date of visit: 22-24 June 2014
Purpose of visit: fact-finding visit with the Kurdistan Region APPG
, to meet senior security and political leaders, as well as a camp for refugees.
(Registered 7 August 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from