How David Anderson voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted very strongly against university tuition feesDetails
- Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted moderately against a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
- Voted strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted moderately for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
- Voted moderately for more EU integrationDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
David Anderson hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the hon. Member for South West Devon, representing the Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission, what the electoral registration figures were in each ward in the recent confirmation dry run conducted in (a) Gateshead Council and (b) Blaydon constituency.
To ask the Attorney-General whether any successful prosecutions have been made in the last five years against those accused of exporting horses and ponies for slaughter; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what steps his Department takes to prevent horses and ponies being exported for slaughter.
More of David Anderson's recent appearances
Labour MP for Blaydon
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Manpower
- Departmental Billing
- Trade Unions
- Industrial Diseases: Compensation
- Departmental Redundancy Pay
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (12 Jun 2012 to 25 Apr 2013)
- Opposition Assistant Whip (Commons) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 20 Dec 2010)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (29 Jun 2010 to 3 Nov 2010)
- Member, North East Regional Select Committee (4 Mar 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (20 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- PPS (Bill Rammell, Minister of State), Foreign & Commonwealth Office (16 Oct 2008 to unknown)
- PPS (Bill Rammell, Minister of State), Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills (28 Jun 2007 to 16 Oct 2008)
- PPS (Bill Rammell, Minister of State), Department for Education and Skills (20 Nov 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Procedure Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 31 Oct 2006)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 78 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 57.71% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 26 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 111 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Anderson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 252 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payment from ComRes, Four Millbank, London SW1P 3JA, for opinion survey:
13 January 2014, payment of £75 for October 2013 Parliamentary Panel Survey. Payment donated to Blaydon Constituency Labour Party
. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 22 January 2014)
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: Ministry of Anfal and Martyrs Affairs, Kurdistan
Address of donor: Erbil, Kurdistan Region
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): £4,300
Destination of visit: Kurdistan
Date of visit: 12-17 March 2013
Purpose of visit: as part of the All-Party Parliamentary Group
on the Kurdistan Region in Iraq, to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Kurdish Genocide
(Registered 15 April 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.