To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, whether homosexual prisoners taking part in the Sex Offender Treatment Programme delivered at HM Prison Northumberland are having additional weighting points allocated on the grounds of their sexual orientation; and if he will make a statement.
Is the Minister happy that, because of competition, groups such as Care UK have cut professional health workers’ pay by between 35% and 40%? How does he expect those people to feel motivated to go to work every day when they cannot afford to pay their mortgage or to look after their kids properly? Is that really what we should expect in this day and age?
Is it not also true that the hon. Gentleman went through the Lobby not once, but 18 times, despite being told time and again that what has now happened would happen? The people who had their finger on the pulse were telling us what would happen, but he ignored them.
More of David Anderson's recent appearances
Labour MP for Blaydon
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Manpower
- Departmental Billing
- Trade Unions
- Industrial Diseases: Compensation
- Departmental Redundancy Pay
Currently held offices
- Member, Backbench Business Committee
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee
- Member, Regulatory Reform
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (10 Jun 2013 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (12 Jun 2012 to 25 Apr 2013)
- Opposition Assistant Whip (Commons) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 20 Dec 2010)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (29 Jun 2010 to 3 Nov 2010)
- Member, North East Regional Select Committee (4 Mar 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (20 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- PPS (Bill Rammell, Minister of State), Foreign & Commonwealth Office (16 Oct 2008 to unknown)
- PPS (Bill Rammell, Minister of State), Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills (28 Jun 2007 to 16 Oct 2008)
- PPS (Bill Rammell, Minister of State), Department for Education and Skills (20 Nov 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Procedure Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 31 Oct 2006)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 17 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 62 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 54.04% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 26 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 115 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Anderson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 260 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Nov 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payment from ComRes, Four Millbank, London SW1P 3JA, for opinion survey:
13 January 2014, payment of £75 for October 2013 Parliamentary Panel Survey. Payment donated to Blaydon Constituency Labour Party
. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 22 January 2014)
(a) Donations to my constituency party or association, which have been or will be reported by my party to the Electoral Commission
(a) Address of donor: 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
(a) (Registered 8 April 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from