Helen Goodman’s voting in Parliament
Helen Goodman is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Helen Goodman sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Helen Goodman generally voted for a transparent Parliament, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Helen Goodman’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Helen Goodman’s full vote analysis page for more.
Helen Goodman has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, whether HM Revenue and Customs is in discussions with Tanzania about a tax treaty between the UK and Tanzania.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what progress has been made in updating tax treaties between the UK and (a) Malawi, (b) Lesotho and (c) Ghana.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what progress has been made in negotiating a tax treaty between the UK and Nepal.
More of Helen Goodman’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bishop Auckland
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Culture Media and Sport
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Work and Pensions
- Children: Maintenance
- Departmental Ministerial Policy Advisers
Currently held offices
- Member, Procedure Committee (since 1 Feb 2016)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (since 28 Oct 2015)
- Member, Treasury Committee (since 8 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (3 Dec 2014 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (7 Oct 2011 to 3 Dec 2014)
- Member, Procedure Committee (1 Mar 2011 to 27 Jan 2014)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (26 Oct 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Work and Pensions) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (5 Oct 2008 to 9 Jun 2009)
- Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (2 Jul 2007 to 5 Oct 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon Harriet Harman QC, Minister of State), Ministry of Justice (12 Jun 2007 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Draft Climate Change Bill (Joint Committee) (18 Mar 2007 to 3 Aug 2007)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 4 Jun 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from