How John Hemming voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted very strongly for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during electionsDetails
- Voted moderately for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted very strongly for university tuition feesDetails
- Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
John Hemming sometimes rebelled against their party in this parliament
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
1. Remunerated directorships
plc, of 78 Alcester Road, Birmingham B13 8BB; software.
Unremunerated director of JHC Ltd, of 1 Temple Row, Birmingham B2 5LG , (software); a subsidiary of JHC plc.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Senior Partner in MarketNet and Music Mercia International (part of John Hemming Trading, 78 Alcester Road, Birmingham B13 8BB).
John Hemming has two self-employed sources of revenue outside parliament: JHC (John Hemming & Co) LLP for which he had a taxable profit of £183,254 in 2012-13 and John Hemming Trading for which he had a profit of £3,867 in 2012-13. The time taken was under 100 hours for that year. (Registered 3 March 2014)
8. Land and Property
Two flats in London, from one of which rental income is received.
House and office building in Birmingham, from which rental income is received.
Farmland and woodland in Devon (from which rental income was received) until January 2014. (Updated 28 February 2014)
9. Registrable shareholdings
(a) JHC plc; software
(a) JHC LLP; software
(a) John Hemming Trading Ltd
(a) JHC Ltd; software (Registered 28 February 2014)
(b) BP, until October 2013(Registered 30 July 2012; updated 18 October 2013)
(b) Total (Registered 30 July 2012)
(b) Statoil (Registered 30 July 2012)
(b) Shell (Registered 30 July 2012)
(b) Co-Op Bank (Registered 4 June 2013)
Partner and director of JHC LLP; software.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register