David Evennett’s voting in Parliament
David Evennett is a Conservative MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of David Evennett’s votes.
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Almost always voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Almost always voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Evennett’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Evennett’s full vote analysis page for more.
David Evennett never rebelled against their party in this parliament
The Government supported it.
I congratulate my constituency neighbour, my hon. Friend the Member for Beckenham (Bob Stewart), on securing this important and timely debate. I commend him on his excellent, thoughtful speech, and apologise for the absence of my right hon. Friend the Minister of State, Department for International Development, who is appearing at the Select Committee on International Development this...
I note my hon. Friend’s plea. I know that my officials have listened to it, and I will respond in a moment. The poorest areas civil society programme works with Indian civil society organisations in the seven poorest states and helps socially excluded groups claim their rights. The programme has led some impressive initiatives, such as the campaign for complete abolition of the inhuman...
More of David Evennett’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Bexleyheath and Crayford
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Thames Gateway Bridge
- Roads: Accidents
- Apprentices: Bexley
Currently held offices
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (since 6 Sep 2012)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (28 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee of Selection (9 May 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 16 Jan 2006)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (10 May 2005 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Member, Education, Science & Arts Committee (8 Apr 1986 to 16 Mar 1992)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 96.23% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 108 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Evennett’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 137 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Aug 2015.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Robin Garratt
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: individual
(Registered 18 December 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from