A selection of David Evennett's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Details
Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Details
Voted very strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Details
Voted very strongly for reducing central government funding of local government Details
Voted strongly for a wholly elected House of Lords Details
Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
New: more analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
David Evennett hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
The Government supported it.
I congratulate my constituency neighbour, my hon. Friend the Member for Beckenham (Bob Stewart), on securing this important and timely debate. I commend him on his excellent, thoughtful speech, and apologise for the absence of my right hon. Friend the Minister of State, Department for International Development, who is appearing at the Select Committee on International Development this...
I note my hon. Friend’s plea. I know that my officials have listened to it, and I will respond in a moment. The poorest areas civil society programme works with Indian civil society organisations in the seven poorest states and helps socially excluded groups claim their rights. The programme has led some impressive initiatives, such as the campaign for complete abolition of the inhuman...
More of David Evennett’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Bexleyheath and Crayford
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Thames Gateway Bridge
- Roads: Accidents
- Apprentices: Bexley
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (28 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee of Selection (9 May 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (6 Sep 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 16 Jan 2006)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (10 May 2005 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Member, Education, Science & Arts Committee (8 Apr 1986 to 16 Mar 1992)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 88.54% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 102 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 137 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(a) Donations to my constituency
party or association, which have been or will be reported by my party to the Electoral Commission:
(a) Name of donor: Robin Garratt
(a) Address of donor: private
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
(a) Donor status: individual
(a) (Registered 18 December 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from