A selection of Nadine Dorries's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted very strongly for university tuition fees Details
Voted very strongly against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Details
Voted strongly for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Details
Voted moderately for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Details
Voted very strongly for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Details
Voted moderately for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Details
New: more analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Order. Sitting adjourned without Question put ( Standing Order No. 10(13)).
Order. Mr Owen, you have had almost eight minutes, and I will have to restrict other speeches to six minutes. If you could draw your remarks to a close soon, that would be good.
There is now.
More of Nadine Dorries’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Mid Bedfordshire
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Energy Efficiency
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Panel of Chairs (26 May 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Health Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 27 Jun 2011)
- Member, Commons Science and Technology Committee (1 Oct 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Innovation, Universities, Science and Skills Committee (10 Mar 2008 to 30 Sep 2009)
- Member, Innovation, Universities and Skills Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 10 Mar 2008)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (2 Jul 2007 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 11 Dec 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 10 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 29 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- People have made 24 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 152 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nadine Dorries’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 185 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from