How Nadine Dorries voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately for encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted moderately for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Voted strongly for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted very strongly for university tuition fees Source
Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Source
Get email notifications when Nadine Dorries speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Nadine Dorries sometimes rebelled against their party in this parliament
Order. Mr Lavery, you have had more than six minutes. Another Member wishes to speak and the Minister must respond. Could you wind up?
Because the previous debate ended early, the final debate of the day may continue for up to 41 minutes, so we have until 5.23 pm.
Order. If the Minister wishes to wind up, there are only a few seconds to go.
More of Nadine Dorries's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Mid Bedfordshire
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Energy Efficiency
Currently held offices
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Health Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 27 Jun 2011)
- Member, Commons Science and Technology Committee (7 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (20 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Innovation, Universities, Science and Skills Committee (18 Apr 2008 to 7 Oct 2009)
- Member, Innovation, Universities and Skills Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 18 Apr 2008)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (2 Jul 2007 to 20 Aug 2008)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 12 Dec 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 46 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 64.45% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 24 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 154 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nadine Dorries’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 182 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from