I missed out a point that I want to put on the record. A fire engine was recently prevented from leaving the fire station because of congestion caused by cars coming in and out of the pre-school off Oliver Street, which is near the practices. A fire engine being trapped and unable to leave a fire station owing to traffic density is not good.
I beg to move, That this House has considered Ampthill primary care and parking. It is a pleasure to bring this debate here under your chairmanship, Mr Howarth. I spend many hours sitting in the Chair that you are in at the moment, so it is a pleasure and delight to be on the other side, representing Ampthill residents and GP surgeries. It is also a delight to have this Minister—my...
More of Nadine Dorries’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Mid Bedfordshire
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Energy Efficiency
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Panel of Chairs (26 May 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Health Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 27 Jun 2011)
- Member, Commons Science and Technology Committee (1 Oct 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Innovation, Universities, Science and Skills Committee (10 Mar 2008 to 30 Sep 2009)
- Member, Innovation, Universities and Skills Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 10 Mar 2008)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (2 Jul 2007 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 11 Dec 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 24 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 67.57% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 24 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 147 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nadine Dorries’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 186 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from