How Nadine Dorries voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Voted very strongly against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Voted strongly against a more proportional system for electing MPs Source
Voted moderately against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted strongly for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted moderately for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Get email notifications when Nadine Dorries speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Nadine Dorries sometimes rebelled against their party in this parliament
Mr Robinson, please keep your remarks on the content of the new clause.
With this it will be convenient to discuss the following: Government amendments 2 to 12. Government new clause 1—Death of pension scheme member. Government new schedule 1—Death of pension scheme member.
We now begin line-by-line consideration of the Bill. Before we begin, I repeat that Members may, if they wish, remove their jackets during Committee sittings, but would everyone please ensure that all electronic devices—mobile phones and so on—are switched to silent? Today’s selection list is available in the room. It shows how the selected amendments have been grouped...
More of Nadine Dorries's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Mid Bedfordshire
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Energy Efficiency
Currently held offices
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Health Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 27 Jun 2011)
- Member, Commons Science and Technology Committee (7 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (20 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Innovation, Universities, Science and Skills Committee (18 Apr 2008 to 7 Oct 2009)
- Member, Innovation, Universities and Skills Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 18 Apr 2008)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (2 Jul 2007 to 20 Aug 2008)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 12 Dec 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 49 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 65.07% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 24 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 153 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nadine Dorries’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 181 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 24 Nov 2014.
(a) Address of donor: private
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: use of Sculpture Gallery for fundraising event; approximate value £5,000
(a) Donor status: individual
(a) (Registered 20 November 2013)
(a) Name of donor: Mid Beds Conservative Association
(a) Address of donor: High Street, Shefford SG17 5DD
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Money raised at a fundraising event for the benefit of Willen Hospice and Mid Beds Conservative Association. The event raised a profit of £6,232.26 of which £2,232.26 will go to Mid Beds Conservative Association. There were no individual registrable donations.
(a) Donor status: unincorporated association
(a) (Registered 25 November 2013)
(a) Director and shareholder of Averbrook, a writing and media consultancy. (Registered 10 June 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from