The extra NHS staff my hon. Friend talks about are welcome, but my constituents want to know that standards of care are the best as well. What progress is he making to ensure that hospital patients get the best possible care?
More of Maria Miller's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Basingstoke
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Schools and Families
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Children: Day Care
- Pre-School Education
- Child Support Agency
- Pre-School Education: Finance
- Sure Start Programme
Other offices held in the past
- Minister for Women and Equalities (15 Oct 2012 to 9 Apr 2014)
- The Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (6 Sep 2012 to 9 Apr 2014)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (17 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- - Shadow Minister (Family), Universities and Skills (27 Jul 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Family), Children, Schools and Families (27 Jul 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Universities and Skills (4 Jun 2009 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Minister, Innovation, Universities and Skills (4 Jun 2009 to 4 Jun 2009)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families (9 Nov 2007 to 17 Dec 2007)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 18 Dec 2007)
- Shadow Minister, Children, Schools and Families (6 Jul 2007 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Minister (Children, Young People and Families) (3 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Family Welfare Including the Child Support Agency), Work & Pensions (11 Jan 2007 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Minister (Family Welfare, Including the Child Support Agency), Health (8 Nov 2006 to 15 Jan 2007)
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (6 Nov 2006 to 3 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Minister (Education), Education (16 Dec 2005 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 24 Jan 2006)
- Member, Trade & Industry (12 Jul 2005 to 23 Jan 2006)
- Shadow Minister (Education) (10 May 2005 to 6 Nov 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 33 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 26 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 76.30% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 42 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 240 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Maria Miller’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 565 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Feb 2015.
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Address of donor: Riverside Park, Colnbrook, SL3 0HG
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: 4 day tickets to the Grand Prix, total value £1,944
Date of receipt of donation: 6 July 2014
Date of acceptance of donation: 6 July 2014
Donor status: company, registration 1344829
(Registered 17 September 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from