To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what assessment she has made of the powers available to local authorities to intervene on privately-owned land to (a) monitor and (b) protect the welfare of horses; and if she will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many people in (a) Hartlepool and (b) the North East had to wait on trolleys for more than 12 hours to be admitted to a hospital ward in each of the last five years.
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship again, Mr Williams. I thank the hon. Member for Eastbourne (Stephen Lloyd) for securing this excellent and important debate. I come at the matter from two perspectives. My key priority is the people of Hartlepool. There is huge potential in my constituency. We have a nuclear power station providing well-paid jobs, and there is the prospect of...
More of Iain Wright's recent appearances
Labour MP for Hartlepool
Entered House of Commons on 30 September 2004 — Byelection
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Home Department
- Wind Power: Seas and Oceans
- Departmental Public Expenditure
- Departmental NDPBs
- Manufacturing Industries
- Agriculture: Technology
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills)
- Member, Finance and Services Committee
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Education) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (14-19 Reform and Apprenticeships) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Children, Schools and Families (10 Jun 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Children, Schools and Families) (14-19 Reform and Apprenticeships) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Communities and Local Government) (29 Jun 2007 to 9 Jun 2009)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Communities and Local Government (28 Jun 2007 to 10 Jun 2009)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (16 Jan 2007 to 7 Nov 2007)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (15 Jan 2007 to 6 Nov 2007)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (8 Dec 2006 to 2 Jul 2008)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons (7 Dec 2006 to 1 Jul 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon Rosie Winterton, Minister of State), Department of Health (27 Jun 2006 to 6 Sep 2006)
- PPS (Ms Rosie Winterton, Minister of State), Department of Health (before 10 Nov 2005 to 27 Jun 2006)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (20 Jan 2005 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (19 Jan 2005 to 12 Jul 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 31 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 115 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.74% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 18 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 110 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Iain Wright’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 612 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 23 Feb 2015.
(b) Support in the capacity as an MP
(b) Name of donor: Longhill Environmental Ltd
(b) Address of donor: Hartlepool Innovation Centre, Venture Court, Hartlepool TS25 5TG
(b) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
(b) Date of receipt: 17 June 2014
(b) Date of acceptance: 17 June 2014
(b) Donor status: company, registration 05132646
(b) (Registered 16 July 2014)
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: North East Process Industry Cluster (NEPIC)
Address of donor: Room H224, The Wilton Centre, Wilton, Redcar TS10 4RF
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): £3,391 paid direct by NEPIC, towards travel and accommodation
Date of visit: 1-9 March 2014
Purpose of visit: process industry trade mission
(Registered 28 March 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from