Iain Wright’s voting in Parliament
Iain Wright is a Labour MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Iain Wright’s votes.
Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Almost always voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Almost always voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Iain Wright’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Iain Wright’s full vote analysis page for more.
Iain Wright occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
Labour MP for Hartlepool
Entered the House of Commons on 30 September 2004 — Byelection
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Home Department
- Wind Power: Seas and Oceans
- Departmental Public Expenditure
- Green Investment Bank
- Departmental NDPBs
- Manufacturing Industries
Currently held offices
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 10 Sep 2015)
- Chair, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (since 18 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (7 Oct 2011 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Education) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (14-19 Reform and Apprenticeships) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Children, Schools and Families) (14-19 Reform and Apprenticeships) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Communities and Local Government) (29 Jun 2007 to 9 Jun 2009)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (15 Jan 2007 to 6 Nov 2007)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (7 Dec 2006 to 1 Jul 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon Rosie Winterton, Minister of State), Department of Health (27 Jun 2006 to 6 Sep 2006)
- PPS (Ms Rosie Winterton, Minister of State), Department of Health (10 Nov 2005 to 27 Jun 2006)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (19 Jan 2005 to 12 Jul 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 37 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 102 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.34% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 18 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 108 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Iain Wright’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 633 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 28 Sep 2015.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Unite
Address of donor: 128 Theobalds Road, Holborn, London WC1X 8TN
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £7,219.98 payment for a direct mail to constituents
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 05 June 2015)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Tiffiny Wright, as Office Manager.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from