The sad reality for all our constituents who are affected by this matter is that, after waiting for the Penrose report, nothing has materially changed for them during the life of this Parliament and it rests with the next Parliament to move forward. In a more positive vein, does the Minister have a view—personally and as a Minister and a representative of the Government—whether...
My hon. Friend is making an eloquent speech. What does she make of the study by the Children’s Society and the StepChange charity, which points to 86,000 families in Wales—23% of the total number of families—who are failing to keep up with household bills and loan repayments, and the response of a Wales Office spokesman who said, “The UK Government’s long-term...
Five years ago when the so-called emergency Budget was announced, I remember twice intervening on the Chancellor and challenging his assertion that there would be an economic recovery and that his was a good long-term plan that would benefit everybody. Ultimately, he had to acknowledge that it would come down to his judgment. Five years on, I have to say that his judgment has failed. It has...
More of Huw Irranca-Davies’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Ogmore
Entered House of Commons on 14 February 2002 — Byelection
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Energy and Climate Change
- Work and Pensions
- Food Procurement
- Bovine Tuberculosis
- Departmental Carbon Emissions
- Dangerous Dogs
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (7 Oct 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Energy and Climate Change) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Marine and Natural Environment) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (Marine and Natural Environment) (5 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Wales (2 Jul 2007 to 5 Oct 2008)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (5 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon Tessa Jowell, Secretary of State), Department for Culture, Media & Sport (10 Nov 2005 to 8 May 2006)
- PPS (Rt Hon Jane Kennedy, Minister of State), Department for Work and Pensions (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Draft Mental Incapacity Bill (Joint Committee) (10 Jul 2003 to 17 Nov 2003)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (5 Oct 2002 to 8 Jan 2004)
- Member, Procedure Committee (24 Jun 2002 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (10 May 2002 to 8 Jan 2004)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 58 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 50 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- People have made 17 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 80 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Huw Irranca-Davies’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 617 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Surveys completed for ComRes
, 4 Millbank, London, SW1P 3JA.
£75 was paid direct to a local organisation for a survey I completed on 16 May 2014. Hours: 20 mins. (Registered 30 May 2014)
£75 was paid direct to a local organisation for a survey I completed on 23 June 2014. Hours: 20 mins. (Registered 24 June 2014)
£75 was paid direct to a local organisation for a survey I completed on 5 July 2014. Hours: 20 mins. (Registered 7 July 2014)
£75 was paid direct to an organisation for a survey I completed on 28 October 2014. Hours: 20 mins. (Registered 7 November 2014)
£75 was paid direct to charity for November 2014 MP
panel survey. Hours: 20 mins (Registered 15 December 2014)
Surveys completed for YouGov
, 50 Featherstone Street, London EC1Y 8RT:
£80 was paid direct to a local organisation for a survey I completed on 16 May 2014. Hours: 20 mins. (Registered 30 May 2014)
Surveys completed for Ipsos MORI, 79-81 Borough Road, London SE1 1FY:
£80 was paid direct to an organisation for a survey I completed. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 11 July 2014)
8. Land and Property
Holiday home in West Glamorgan.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from