Huw Irranca-Davies’s voting in Parliament
Huw Irranca-Davies is a Labour MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Huw Irranca-Davies sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Huw Irranca-Davies generally voted against the hunting ban, while most Labour MPs almost always voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Huw Irranca-Davies’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Huw Irranca-Davies’s full vote analysis page for more.
Huw Irranca-Davies never rebelled against their party in this parliament
Gas has always been acknowledged as a bridge to a decarbonised future but the announcements made by the Secretary of State yesterday will have a cumulative effect. Can she assure us that that bridge has not lengthened and raises the risk of a stranded fleet of new gas generators in 25 years, particularly given that some analysis suggests that the emissions shortfall against the fourth carbon...
Will the Minister give way?
May I take my hon. Friend’s thoughts back to 2008, when I was a Wales Office Minister? The budget for Wales had gone up from £7 billion to £14 billion; by the time we left office, it was £16 billion. It has now decreased significantly. Any false arguments over additional tax-raising powers are nothing compared with the fact that we now need the Barnett floor. When Labour...
More of Huw Irranca-Davies’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Ogmore
Entered the House of Commons on 14 February 2002 — Byelection
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Energy and Climate Change
- Work and Pensions
- Food Procurement
- Bovine Tuberculosis
- Departmental Carbon Emissions
- Dangerous Dogs
Currently held offices
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 10 Sep 2015)
- Chair, Environmental Audit Committee (since 18 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (7 Oct 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Energy and Climate Change) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Marine and Natural Environment) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (Marine and Natural Environment) (5 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Wales (2 Jul 2007 to 5 Oct 2008)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (5 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon Tessa Jowell, Secretary of State), Department for Culture, Media & Sport (10 Nov 2005 to 8 May 2006)
- PPS (Rt Hon Jane Kennedy, Minister of State), Department for Work and Pensions (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Draft Mental Incapacity Bill (Joint Committee) (10 Jul 2003 to 17 Nov 2003)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (5 Oct 2002 to 8 Jan 2004)
- Member, Procedure Committee (24 Jun 2002 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (10 May 2002 to 8 Jan 2004)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 43 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 19 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 73.44% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 17 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 79 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Huw Irranca-Davies’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 630 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Nov 2015.
1. Employment and earnings
Surveys completed for ComRes, 4 Millbank, London, SW1P 3JA.
£75 was paid direct to an organisation for a survey I completed on 28 October 2014
. Hours: 20 mins. (Registered 07 November 2014
£75 was paid direct to charity for November 2014 MP
panel survey. Hours: 20 mins (Registered 15 December 2014
£75 was paid direct to charity for January-February 2015 MP panel survey. Hours: 20 mins (Registered 29 May 2015
6. Land and property: (i) value over Â£100,000 (ii) rental income of over Â£10,000 a year
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from