How Richard Younger-Ross voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted strongly for a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Source
Voted very strongly against university tuition fees Source
Voted very strongly for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted very strongly against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
See more votes Richard Younger-Ross has made recently in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Richard Younger-Ross occasionally rebelled against their party in their last parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change what estimate he has made of the cost to the public purse of the UK's participation in the Copenhagen climate change summit.
Does the right hon. Gentleman accept that any draft orders under the Bill, if it goes forward, should be amendable? My hon. Friend the Member for Bath (Mr. Foster) intends to make that proposal, and we hope that the Secretary of State will take it on board.
If we look at Torbay or Devon, and officers working for one or the other, we see that they can work for either a small unitary authority or for a very large county authority. Which does my hon. Friend think will be able to pay the better salary and provide the better promotion prospects for anyone working for these authorities?
More of Richard Younger-Ross's recent appearances
Former Liberal Democrat MP for Teignbridge
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Left Parliament on 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Culture Media and Sport
- Departmental Written Questions
- IT Contracts
- Combined Heat and Power
- Visitor Entrance
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Culture, Media and Sport Minister (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Defence Committee (7 Feb 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 20 Nov 2007)
- Shadow Minister, Culture, Media & Sport (19 Dec 2006 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 18 Apr 2008)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (30 Jun 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister Local Government & the Regions (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 23 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 25 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 58.77% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 12 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 60 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 216 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Received a cloth carrier bag (value: £2) for opening the Stokeinteignhead Community Shop. Address: Newton Abbot, Devon TQ12 4QA. Hours: 1.5 hrs. (Registered 20 November 2009)
Received a book (value: £10) for opening the Christmas market at the Avenue Church, Newton Abbot, Devon. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 20 November 2009)
Received a poster and clip frame (value £3) and box of chocolates (value £5) for participating in a 'Question Time
' debate at South Dartmoor Community College, Balland Lane, Ashburton, Newton Abbot, Devon. Hours: 3 hrs. (Registered 23 March 2010)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from