I agree with pretty much everything that the hon. Gentleman has said. One big problem is that many hospital trusts have gone into fairly long-term contractual arrangements with private sector car parking providers. Alongside the broader points that he makes about hospital funding and PFI, the Government should examine the structure of the parking contracts that hospital trusts have put in...
I believe that hospital parking charges should be abolished. The car parks in Telford and Shrewsbury could easily be managed without charges. Some people have expressed the concern that people will overflow- park in hospital parking areas. Tickets could still be issued to ensure that parking spaces are controlled, but it could be made free. The House should push the Government and the...
My hon. Friend makes a sound point about rural areas, but it is often difficult for people in urban areas to use public transport as well. Sometimes, people have to change buses several times to get to a hospital. If people in Telford want to go to Shrewsbury, they have to change buses multiple times.
More of David Wright's recent appearances
Labour MP for Telford
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Local Government and the Regions
- World Heritage Sites
- Revenue and Customs: Telford
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Member, Selection Committee (13 Oct 2010 to 9 May 2013)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (8 Oct 2010 to 16 Oct 2012)
- Assistant Whip (funded by HM Treasury) (10 Jun 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (10 Mar 2009 to 10 Aug 2009)
- PPS (Rt Hon Jane Kennedy, Minister of State), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (16 Oct 2008 to unknown)
- PPS (Rt Hon Jane Kennedy, Financial Secretary), HM Treasury (28 Jun 2007 to 16 Oct 2008)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (16 Jan 2007 to 7 Nov 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon John Hutton, Secretary of State), Department for Work and Pensions (8 May 2006 to 6 Sep 2006)
- PPS (Rt Hon David Miliband, Minister of State (Cabinet)), Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (before 10 Nov 2005 to 8 May 2006)
- PPS (Ms Rosie Winterton, Minister of State), Department of Health (10 Apr 2005 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Procedure Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Draft Civil Contingencies Bill (Joint Committee) (to 11 Jun 2004)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 22 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 7 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 79.33% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 100 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Wright’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 150 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from ComRes, Four Millbank, London SW1P 3JA, for participation in opinion surveys:
29 August 2013, £75 received for participation in June 2013 Parliamentary Panel survey. Hours: 30 mins. Payment donated to local organisations. (Registered 10 September 2013)
14 November 2013, £75 received for participation in October 2013 Parliamentary Panel survey. Hours: 30 mins. Payment donated to local organisations. (Registered 19 November 2013)
20 January 2014, £75 received for participation in November 2013 Parliamentary Panel survey. Hours: 30 mins. Payment donated to local organisations. (Registered 21 January 2014)
5 March 2014, £75 received for participation in January 2014 Parliamentary Panel
survey. Hours: 30 mins. Payment donated to local organisations. (Registered 11 March 2014)
24 April 2014, £75 received for participation in February/March 2014 Parliamentary Panel survey. Hours: 30 mins. Payment donated to local organisations. (Registered 28 April 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.