The HMRC office in Perth was, of course, closed in the past year under this Government’s stewardship. How many jobs has HMRC lost in Scotland under this Government, how many offices have closed and how many jobs does the Minister foresee going in the course of the next five years?
I congratulate the hon. Gentleman on securing the debate, but is not his timing just a little bit unfortunate? The Westminster Government are actually closing HMRC offices as he is on his feet. I know he does not like Scottish independence and I know he does not like what the Scottish Government are doing, but can he grudgingly accept the fact that we are having no compulsory redundancies in...
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what estimate he has made of the number of households in Perth and North Perthshire constituency whose incomes from benefit payments have reduced by (a) 10 per cent, (b) between 20 and 49 per cent and (c) 50 per cent or more since May 2010.
More of Pete Wishart's recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Perth and North Perthshire
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Also represented North Tayside
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Culture Media and Sport
- Departmental Expenditure
- Press Releases
- Departmental ICT
- Asylum: Finance
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (18 Nov 2010 to 9 Nov 2012)
- Member, Advisory Committee on Works of Art (14 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson (Overseas Aid; Culture, Media & Sport) (7 Jan 2009 to 13 Jul 2009)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (25 Nov 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson (Overseas Aid; Culture, Media & Sport; Ministry of Justice) (29 Aug 2007 to 7 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson (Constitutional Affairs; Overseas Aid; Culture, Media & Sport) (2 Aug 2006 to 29 Aug 2007)
- Member, Administration Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 25 Nov 2008)
- Member, Catering Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Spokesperson (Culture, Media & Sport; Highlands & Islands; Local Government & the Regions; Transport) (19 Jan 2004 to 16 Jan 2006)
- Chief Whip (19 Jan 2004 to 29 Aug 2007)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
SNP MPs only attend sittings where the legislation pertains to Scotland.
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 59 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 47 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 50.50% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
Note SNP MPs do not vote on legislation not affecting Scotland.
- People have made 8 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 90 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Pete Wishart’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 479 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
I receive royalty payments from EMI and from Ridge Records for my recorded works with Runrig, with whom I serve as an unremunerated director. Addresses: EMI House
, 43 Brook Green, London W6 7EF and Ridge Records Limited,
1 York Street, Aberdeen AB11 5DL.
Received payment of £868.72 for my recorded works from EMI records. No additional hours worked. (Registered 31 December 2013)
Received payment of £2,194.64 for my recorded works from Ridge Records. No additional hours worked. (Registered 31 December 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.