To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, what his policy is on continuing the ring-fencing of science revenue spending; and if he will make it his policy to increase that budget in line with inflation.
Does the hon. Gentleman agree that one of the main challenges for tourism in our constituencies is extending the tourist season? A reduction in VAT would make weekend breaks and mini-breaks all the more affordable and attractive.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what representations he has received about the use of the Aarhus Convention in challenging planning decisions in the High Court from (a) local authorities, (b) other bodies and (c) individuals; and if he will make a statement.
More of Roger Williams’s recent appearances
Former Liberal Democrat MP for Brecon and Radnorshire
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Departmental Food
- Freedom of Information
- Departmental Staff
- Avian Influenza
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (25 Nov 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (12 Jul 2010 to 25 Nov 2013)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jun 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Draft Marine Bill (Joint Committee) (8 May 2008 to 22 Jul 2008)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Wales (20 Dec 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (10 Mar 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jul 2004 to 20 Dec 2007)
- Member, Draft Disability Discrimination Bill (Joint Committee) (15 Jan 2004 to 27 May 2004)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 17 Jul 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 53 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 24 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 71.83% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 15 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 89 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 403 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from Ipsos MORI, 79-81 Borough Road, London SE1 1FY, for participation in surveys. Payments donated to my constituency
16 September 2014, payment of £200 for interview on 8 July 2014. Hours: 1.5 hrs. (Registered 2 February 2015)
27 January 2015, payment of £200 for interview on 9 December 2014. Hours: 1.5 hrs. (Registered 2 February 2015)
Payment of £150 received from Envoy Partnership Ltd, Chancery Station House, 31-33 High Holborn Road, London WC1V 6AX, for an interview. Hours: 1 hr. Paid to Brecon & Radnorshire Liberal Democrats. (Registered 8 September 2014)
8. Land and Property
Half share in farmland at Tredomen Court, Wales.
Half share in three houses in Tredomen, Brecon, from which rental income is received.
Half share in a house in Exmouth, Devon, from which rental income is received.
Partner in R. H. Williams; a farming partnership. (Updated 15 June 2012)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from