Like many farmers across the country, dairy farmers do not trade directly with supermarkets but deal with processors and food manufacturers. Does the Minister believe that opening up the responsibility of the groceries code adjudicator would bring greater transparency to the marketplace?
Does the hon. Lady agree that as well as a drive to get registration as high as possible, efforts should be made to teach civics in schools to let pupils know the importance of the vote and the issues that they will be voting on?
On small business Saturday I visited retail businesses in Brecon, Llanwrtydwells and Talgarth. They told me how pleased they were with the employment allowance, which gave them a reduction of up to £2,000 in their employer national insurance contributions. More than 1,000 businesses benefit from that in my constituency, but up to 500 that are eligible have not applied. What can we do to...
More of Roger Williams's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Brecon and Radnorshire
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Departmental Food
- Freedom of Information
- Departmental Staff
- Avian Influenza
Currently held offices
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (12 Jul 2010 to 25 Nov 2013)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Wales; Shadow Environment, Energy, Food and Rural Affair Minister (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (21 Jul 2008 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, Draft Marine Bill (Joint Committee) (20 May 2008 to 27 Nov 2008)
- Whip (6 Mar 2008 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Wales, Welsh Affairs (4 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Minister (Rural Affairs), Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (21 Mar 2006 to 21 Jul 2008)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Draft Disability Discrimination Bill (Joint Committee) (to 11 Jun 2004)
- Shadow Minister (Rural Affairs), Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 52 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 19 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.89% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 12 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 91 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Roger Williams’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 397 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Dec 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payment of £200 from Ipsos MORI
, 79-81 Borough Road, London SE1 1FY, for research interview. Hours: 1.5 hrs. Payment donated to my constituency
party. (Registered 14 March 2014)
Payment of £150 received from Envoy Partnership Ltd, Chancery Station House, 31-33 High Holborn Road, London WC1V 6AX, for an interview. Hours: 1 hr. Paid to Brecon & Radnorshire Liberal Democrats. (Registered 8 September 2014)
8. Land and Property
Half share in farmland at Tredomen Court, Wales.
Half share in three houses in Tredomen, Brecon, from which rental income is received.
Half share in a house in Exmouth, Devon
, from which rental income is received.
Partner in R. H. Williams; a farming partnership. (Updated 15 June 2012)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from