To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, for what reasons her Department has reduced the number of approved English test providers for people applying for a UK visa to two from 6 April 2015.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what estimate her Department has made of the cost to UK universities of reducing the number of approved English test providers for people applying for a UK visa to two from 6 April 2015.
To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, what estimate his Department has made of how much cavity wall insulation has contributed to reduction of carbon dioxide emissions according to the Kyoto agreement protocols in each year since 2010.
More of Hywel Williams's recent appearances
Former Plaid Cymru MP for Arfon
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Also represented Caernarfon
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Culture Media and Sport
- Welsh Language
- Departmental Public Expenditure
- Departmental Staff (Bicycles)
- Driving: Licensing
- Tax Credits
Currently held offices
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (since 18 Nov 2010)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Education) (since 10 Jun 2005)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 24 May 2005)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (International Development) (since 10 May 2004)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Health) (since 10 May 2001)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (since 10 May 2001)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (6 Jan 2014 to 10 Mar 2014)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (27 Feb 2012 to 20 Oct 2014)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Cabinet Office) (18 Jun 2010 to 18 Mar 2013)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (10 May 2005 to 10 May 2006)
- Member, Draft Mental Health Bill (Joint Committee) (20 Jul 2004 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (26 Jan 2004 to 6 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 43 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 52 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 64.16% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 83 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 325 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from