Hywel Williams’s voting in Parliament
Hywel Williams is a Plaid Cymru MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Plaid Cymru MPs.
This is a selection of Hywel Williams’s votes.
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Generally voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Hywel Williams’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Hywel Williams’s full vote analysis page for more.
Hywel Williams never rebelled against their party in this parliament
I speak on behalf of Plaid Cymru. So, we have another round of cuts to social protection and a Government unrestrained by the alleged compromises of coalition. I note that the new leader of the Liberal Democrats has already left us. The Government are unrestrained in slashing the social safety net, shrinking the state and allegedly balancing the books, and doing this, they say, to put the...
I will not. The hon. Lady should have been here from the start. That is the reasoning of the tyrant, from one-child China to Ceau?escu’s Romania. Most grim of all are the tortuous complexities involved in demonstrating that the third child is the result of rape. We sorely need a system that pays a fair wage for a fair day’s work, and a top-up when the Government’s minimum...
The hon. Gentleman will be interested to know that BBC Wales in English tends to be about Wales—some might say parochially about Wales—but that Radio Cymru and the BBC news in Welsh have amazing agility and an ability to identify Welsh speakers at the far ends of the globe. They can report in Welsh on earthquakes in Peru, or wherever it might be, almost immediately. That shows the...
More of Hywel Williams’s recent appearances
Plaid Cymru MP for Arfon
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Also represented Caernarfon
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Culture Media and Sport
- Welsh Language
- Departmental Public Expenditure
- Driving: Licensing
- Departmental Staff (Bicycles)
- Tax Credits
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (6 Jan 2014 to 10 Mar 2014)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (27 Feb 2012 to 20 Oct 2014)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (18 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Cabinet Office) (18 Jun 2010 to 18 Mar 2013)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Education) (10 Jun 2005 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (24 May 2005 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (10 May 2005 to 10 May 2006)
- Member, Draft Mental Health Bill (Joint Committee) (20 Jul 2004 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (International Development) (10 May 2004 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (26 Jan 2004 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (10 May 2001 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Health) (10 May 2001 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 36 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 49 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 69.81% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 83 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Hywel Williams’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 334 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from