I remind the hon. Gentleman that interventions should be brief.
That may be so—I am listening carefully to what the right hon. Gentleman is saying—but the vow made it clear that there would be substantial new powers for the Scottish Parliament. It is becoming increasingly clear, however, that prior to this, the parties have never agreed on what those powers should be. That is still not clear; all we see in the Command Paper is three different...
I am listening closely to what the Prime Minister is saying. He has talked about the international coalition, but the Peshmerga fighters from the Kurds have taken a lot of the brunt of fighting ISIL in the first instance. Can he assure us that all the parties within Iraq also support this intervention, in particular the Kurdish political leadership?
More of Michael Weir's recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Angus
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Trade and Industry
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Expenditure
- Public Consultation
- Public Appointments
- Fair Trade
- Departmental Assets
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (20 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Business and Enterprise Committee (18 Apr 2008 to 20 Jan 2009)
- Member, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Committee (20 Nov 2007 to 18 Apr 2008)
- Spokesperson (Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform; Energy; Work and Pensions) (29 Aug 2007 to 13 Jul 2009)
- Spokesperson (Energy; Work and Pensions; Trade & Industry) (2 Aug 2006 to 29 Aug 2007)
- Spokesperson (Work & Pensions; Trade & Industry) (16 Jan 2006 to 2 Aug 2006)
- Member, Chairmen's Panel Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 7 Nov 2007)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Spokesperson (Environment & Food; Health; Rural Affairs; Trade & Industry) (19 Jan 2004 to 16 Jan 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
SNP MPs only attend sittings where the legislation pertains to Scotland.
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 48 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 39 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 51.04% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
Note SNP MPs do not vote on legislation not affecting Scotland.
- People have made 8 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 41 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Michael Weir’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 447 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Oct 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from ComRes
, 4 Millbank, London SW1P 3JA, for opinion surveys:
13 January 2014, £75. Hours: 20 mins. Payment donated directly to charity. (Registered 16 January 2014)
12 March 2014, £75. Hours: 20 mins. Payment donated directly to charity. (Registered 20 March 2014)
9 June 2014, £75. Hours: 20 mins. Payment donated directly to local charity. (Registered 25 June 2014)
29 July 2014, £75. Hours: 20 mins. Payment donated directly to charity. (Registered 6 August 2014)
6 October 2014, £75. Hours: 20 mins. Payment donated directly to charity. (Registered 6 October 2014)
Payments from YouGov
, 50 Featherstone Street, London ED1Y 8RT, for opinion surveys. All payments donated directly to charity.
Payment of £80 received. Hours: 20 mins. (Registered 8 January 2014)
Payment of £80 received. Hours: 20 mins. (Registered 11 June 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from